The Blind Banker - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"No, I-" Sherlock tried to protest, but Sebastian continued talking over him.

"Maybe it was the mud on my shoes!" Sebastian exclaimed. Sherlock looked back at him, going to say something before he was interrupted yet again, but by Y/N this time

"Actually, we were just chatting with your secretary. She told us." The younger Watson smirked, crossing her arms over her chest. John stared at his sister in disbelief, Sherlock just smiling. That's my girl, he thought, as Sebastian laughed humourlessly, before clasping his hands together, a serious expression taking over his face.

"I'm glad you could make it over. We've had another break-in."

•••

Sebastian led them across the trading floor towards another door. "Sir Williams office - the banks' former chairman. The rooms' been left here like a sort of memorial. Someone broke in late last night."

"What did they steal?" John enquired, as Y/N chewed her lip, deep in thought.

"Nothing. Just left a little message." Sebastian explained, using his security card to unlock the door. Inside the overbearingly white office, a framed portrait of a man - presumably the late Sir William - hung above the desk, a stripe of yellow spray paint obscuring the eyes. On the wall to the left of the portrait was a graffiti tag in the same yellow spray paint. Sebastian and John looked at Sherlock expectantly as he stared at the graffiti, but it was Y/N who spoke up first.

"Any security footage?"

•••

Back in Sebastian's office, a picture of the office time-stamped 23:34:01, showing the paint on the wall and portrait. "Sixty seconds apart." Sebastian flicked to another photograph, this one stamped 23:33:01, showing the office still clean. "So, someone came up here in the middle of the night, splashed paint around, then left within a minute."

"How many ways into that office?" Sherlock pondered, as Y/N flipped between the two photographs, her face screwed up in confusion.

"Well, that's where this gets really interesting."

•••

Back at the reception desk, Sebastian shows the trio a layout of the floor and surrounding offices. "Every door that opens in this bank, it gets logged right here. Every walk-in cupboard, every toilet." Sebastian explained. Each door has a light next to it, indicating its security status.

"That door didn't open last night." Sherlock surmised, studying the screen intensely.

"There's a hole in our security. Find it and we'll pay you - five figures." Sebastian reached into his jacket, pulling out a check from his breast pocket. "This is an advance. Tell me how he got in, there's a bigger one on the way."

"I don't need an incentive, Sebastian." Sherlock practically spat his name, walking away. Y/N sighed deeply, flashing the two remaining men an apologetic smile as she ran to catch up with the long-legged detective. John watched them walk away, then turned to Sebastian.

"He's, uh, he's kidding you, obviously." John smiled nervously, holding out his hand. "Sh-shall I look after that for him?" Sebastian handed John the check, John muttering a 'thanks' as he read the figure written on the check, shaking his head in disbelief.

•••

Sherlock and Y/N had returned to Sir William's office, Y/N taking photographs with Sherlock's phone, as said detective was deep in thought. He turns to face the several floor-to-ceiling windows, deep in thought. Y/N walked up to him, holding his phone out.