Chapter Seven

Never did I think that me and my brother would be dragging down the hall of William McKinley High School, our father and Carole Hudson, finding Finn, but here we were! I was really confused as to what was going on.

When we reached Finn, he turned to us confused, "Oh. What's going on? Is this one of those interventions, 'cause . . ."

"If it is then it's for the three of us," I said.

"They bombarded us and forced us to bring them to you," Kurt said.

"Come on! Tell them!" Dad said to Carole excitedly.

"No, you!" she replied.

"We said in the car–"

"Come on. You. Please."

"Alright," Dad turned to us kids. "So, you know how I drive Carole to work every Tuesday? Well, today, I drove here, and we snuck into that classroom where Kurt introduced us, very romantic of me, I might add, and I–"

"He proposed! He proposed!" Carole screamed.

"You stole the punch line!"

"What?!" I yelled with a smile as Carole and Dad kissed each other as me, Kurt, and Finn all looked at each other.

"Wow, this just happened?" Finn asked

"Oh, Dad," Kurt said smiling.

"Ring me," I said, grabbing Carole's left hand, looking at the simple yet beautiful ring Dad proposed to her with.

"We wanted the three of you to be the first to know," Carole said.

"Yeah, after the kids in that homeroom," Dad said. "Come on. Family hug." 

We all brought it in, I could tell Finn was put off, and I was slightly, but I had grown to love Carole a lot over the summer.

"I'm so excited and nervous," Carole said.

"Don't be. Don't be," my brother said.

"Okay."

"Oh, this is just what I needed. I will take care of it from here," Kurt said. "I have a trunk full of wedding magazines, hidden under my bed."

"Oh my god, are you serious?" I asked with a laugh. "I got ideas too! I'm thinking of a russet and cognac theme." I noticed the quarterback was confused. "Those are colors, Finn. Fall wedding colors. Autumnal."

"Nothing too extravagant. Okay?" Dad said. "We're gonna use whatever savings we have. We are spending it on the honeymoon. That's right, we're going to Waikiki."

"Oh my god!" I gasped.

"We're going to go to the hotel where they put up the stars on Lost."

"Finn, you–you haven't said anything," Carole said.

"Uh, I–I guess I'm just kind of stunned."

"Hey, don't worry. Already looking for a bigger house," Dad said. "One where everybody's gonna get their own rooms."

"Come on, honey. Be happy for me," Carole said.

Finn finally smiled, "I am, Mom."

"Alright, listen up," Dad said, before pointing to me and my brother, "Kurt, Kim, Mister and Miss Wedding Planners, I want you to take care of one thing. I don't care about the food at this party, but I want one heck of a band. I've been eating right, been exercising, and I want to boogie with Carole at this wedding. And I will boogie."

I looked at Kurt as he said, "Alright. It's already taken care of."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I asked with a smile.