Ambush x Rush (Fluff)

(A continuation of the smut and fluff. Read that first if you haven't already..)

I got a message from Wattpad saying I should likely post, so I came through. I might as well write a love story between these two with how many oneshots I've done continuing this love story, lol.

Love you all ❤️
___________________________________

A soothing ambience of pattering rain filled the air, giving the scent of luscious, soaked grass. Raindrops glistened atop the muddied pathway that meandered about the gated garden, the only means of meeting the outside world, or the closest the entities could ever reach to it.

With the statue of the hotel guardian watching, Rush stood in wait of Ambush; for a creature of unparalleled speed, he certainly wasn't in any hurry.

They'd broken off to prepare for something akin to a date, some intimate, romantic time between the two to try and compromise for the years of rivalry the two shared. It was a bitter past, one that left a horrid aftertaste on their tongues, but they daren't bring it up. The past was in the past, and the future was looking bright.

Adjusting his blazor in an attempt to project more formal and considerate as usual, Rush softly fondled the collar of the black fabric. It was aged and in need of replacement, but there was no promise of anything new.

A clatter of pots caught his attention, as his head reared around, his void eyes focusing on the entranceway to the greenhouse. Snare had quite the appetite, one which was a punishment when not satiated. The botanical beast was likely scavenging for food in the darkness, harassing Eyes until it got fed.

Finally, after what could only be described as an eternity crammed into ten minutes, a familiar sound approached; the loud blares of Ambush we're approaching. Suddenly, everything about his appearance was wrong and he felt unpresentable to anyone. Was this something normal, this kind of feeling? This wasn't a topic Rush had scraped; emotions were a rocky subjects for any entity.

His eyes were blessed with the mint hues of Ambush, as his lover almost tripped over his own feet in such a hurry. Again, something neither were familiar with.

Awkwardly pushing the gate closed, Ambush caused the most obnoxious creek to fill the air, one that made Rush recoil at the sound of.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting..." Ambush mumbled apologetically, his hands beginning to tremble as he took a step forwards.

Being a total amateur, Rush let out a small mutter in response, unaware of how tense he was,"It's fine."

The tension was so stiff that the rough movements of the gate looked fluid.

Slowly, Ambush approached him, resting his hands upon the railing,"So, uh...about this relationship."

That word set Rush off, and he begun to sweat. A river of questions flowed through his head. Would this even work. They were entities, not humans.

Resting his hand atop Ambush's, Rush shrugged his right shoulder,"Dunno."

A painfully awkward silence followed, the silence punctuated with the occasional rumble of distant thunder. Ambush looked to the greying clouds as the storm continued, noticing the rainfall beginning to slow.

"Remember those things those humans wore on their fingers?" Ambush questioned, holding his other hand up so Rush could continue to stroke his.

At the recall, Rush gave a small hum of acknowledgement,"The rings? What about them?"

He didn't have the foggiest idea where Ambush was trailing off to with this.

"Perhaps we could do something similar, maybe." He recommended,"Exchange items of our own to show how much we love eachother."

This piqued Rush's attention; while they had a scarce amount personal belongings, it was still a good idea. The lack of collection boasted a higher value to what little they each owned, proving how much they trusted one another. In that moment, it was a stroke of genius.

"Speaking of," Ambush added,"what ever did happen to those rings? We could've kept them and used them like the humans did."

A small rumble erupted in Rush's throat, something of a chuckle escaping him,"You forget we live with a hoarder. You know Timothy stole those without a second's notice."

A thought struck them both as the realisation dawned on them that the rings weren't gone.

"So that means they're..."

"...in a drawer in the hotel?" Rush finishes Ambush's sentence for him, making the smaller entity feel as though the moment was all-the-more romantic,"They should be, Ambush."

Revoking his hand from beneath Rush's large palm, Ambush took both of the taller entity's hands in his own,"Does that mean we could possibly find them and keep them? What was it Figure called the binding ceremony, again?"

"What 'binding ceremony'?" Rush mused,"Humans have a binding ceremony?"

Giving Rush's hands a little squeeze, Ambush glanced up at him,"It's a ceremony that binds two loving partners together, a mutual agreement of their bond as they swear to remain together for the rest of their lives. Figure read a story that ended with the two main characters having one."

Letting go of Ambush's hands, Rush wrapped his arms around the smaller entity's upper back and shoulders, glaring at the statue that had a mysterious blue tone to it,"We'll have to ask. Now, what room was it that these two died in?"

Reflecting, Ambush tried to remember which of the hundred rooms the two died in,"I want to say it was room one hundred, but that's me being optimistic. It was in the nineties, so it should be that way."

Pointing a finger towards the greenhouse entrance, Ambush drew in Rush's attention.

"What if Timothy moved them?" He asked, doubtful that they would've remained in one place for however long they were there; entities had grown accustomed to looting the bodies of fallen victims.

"I'm more concerned about Snare; you know how much I despise that...thing!" Ambush cried out.

"I try my best, alright? I know you all disapprove of Snare because it's the most annoying thing in the hotel, but I try my best to upkeep it. It just acts disobedient some times." Rush pouts, taking a small ounce of offense.

Mumbling his second apology of the evening, Ambush leaned his head against Rush's chest,"Sorry. But, what if it ate them?"

A booming laughter escaped Rush,"You think it could eat two silver rings? It can barely maul a human leg off!"

Flushed, out of embarrassment, Ambush's mint hue fades to pink momentarily at his mistake.

"Being entirely serious, Ambush, I think the rings will be just fine, wherever they are. As long as Seek hasn't touched them, we'll be able to find them." Rush explains, holding Ambush that bit closer.

Sinking into Rush's embrace, Ambush releases a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. This intimacy was what they'd came together to share, and every amount of awkward tension was worth it.

"We'll find them, together. Even if it takes the rest of our afterlives." Rush promises.