Ambush x F!Reader (fluff)

Christmas was in the air, as well as the biting frost.

On their trip to the grocery store, (Y/n) had soaked in the sights of flashy Christmas lights. Truly, the indulgence brought the festive spirit she needed to decorate the hotel for the sake of the holiday. None of the entities knew of any holidays, so it would serve as a refreshing start.

Bundling her purchases into six bags, she bade the checkout assistant farewell.

-------------

The hotel rode up the horizon as she walked closer, her pace picking up gradually as an unexplained excitement took hold of her. From a leisurely stroll to a joyful speed walk, she went, unable to contain herself.

Swinging open the doors to the hotel, she set her bags down in a heap and locked it behind her, pocketing the keys. The thought of celebrating Christmas aside the entities, introducing them to the concept of celebrations, was such a thrilling one.

Scuffling along the corridor, she managed to heave the bags into the elevator. She was practically quivering with cheeriness, her fists clenching the bags tightly.

When the elevator doors opened, Ambush was surprised by (Y/n)'s state; the way she trembled had him worried something had gone badly; there was a gut feeling that rubbed him the wrong way. 

Neglecting to pick the bags back up, (Y/n) jumped up at Ambush's shoulders, squeezing her arms around his neck rather tightly for his liking.

"(Y/n), it's good to see you too, but aren't you being a bit rough?" Ambush squeaked out, weakly holding her waist.

Immediately, she let go and landed back on her own two feet and hummed apologetically,"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just a bit excited!"

Chuckling to himself, Ambush mused,"I can tell. Care to tell me what it is?"

Inching back into Ambush's arms, (Y/n) shoved her face into the crook of his neck and held herself there for a minute or two, her words being mumbled by her contact. She then gazed up at him, from the safety of his arms, and smiled,"Christmas is close, and I was thinking of decorating the hotel!"

"'Christmas'? What's that?" Ambush inquired, his hands running the length of (Y/n)'s back, retreating back upwards when he feared they stopped too low,"It seems to excite you, so I guess it's something good?"

Nuzzling against his chest, (Y/n) whined,"It's the greatest holiday of the year! We decorate the hotel with Christmas trees coated in baubles, string fairy lights up, hang wreaths on the doors, open presents on Christmas Day and have a lovely, festive meal! There's eggnog, panettone, mince pies, chocolate, Christmas puddings and Christmas cakes...and there's cards, candles, stockings, Holly, snow, Santa, elves, reindeer, snowmen, hot chocolate, mistletoe and candy canes!"

"I have no idea what half of those things are, but if it's something you like, I'm sure I'll like it too." Ambush snickered to himself, petting (Y/n)'s hair,"We can see what the others will think when they get home."

"Why, where are they?" (Y/n) quizzically hummed, craning her head to look at the elevator doors as if they would miraculously enter.

This wholesome action had Ambush grinning broadly, pleased to have such an adorable partner. She was so considerate of others and their feelings, moreso with Ambush than anybody else. Releasing her from his embrace, he led her toward the pantry to put the groceries away.

---------------

"Do you think Screech would be okay if we hung some lights up in his room? I know he likes dark rooms, but I was thinking we could spruce it up a bit." (Y/n) questioned, pulling a string of fairy lights out of their box and untangling them between her fingertips,"I don't want to do it if he doesn't want it."

There was a little uncertainty, but (Y/n) did it nonetheless in case there was a chance he was appreciative.

They moved on to Seek's hallway afterward; a hefty tree was put up in the far left corner of it, decorated generously in baubles and tinsel, topped by a star. Twinkling lights were suspended from the beams, wrapped loosely about them. A wreath was elegantly place on the centre of the following door, just below the number.

Figure's library was next; they didn't hesitate to slot tinsel in-between the books, letting it sag in the centre. Instead of having the lights go from beam to beam, they twirled them around each one, having them spiral from the floor to the ceiling. A nice, fairly sized Christmas tree was in front of the windows, dressed in yellow lights and silver tinsel. Some candy canes were position on the higher branches in case Figure was feeling particularly peckish for a festive treat.

In the lobby, she left mistletoe above the frame of each elevator, as well as a wreathe on every door. A lanky tree, scrawnier than the others they'd put up, was stood in front of the roaring fireplace at the end of the hall. Golden baubles, coated in a fine glitter, occupied the tree alongside a hearty handful of red tinsel to bring out the colour of the rug. A few customised baubles dotted it, one personalised for each entity.

When they'd grown bored of decorating the hotel, they took a seat and waited for the others to notice. (Y/n) was sprawled on Ambush's lap, leaning into his shoulder and pulling an arm around his neck.

"What's all this?" Seek bellowed upon entering, his hold on the smaller entity loosening.

Screech, engulfed in awe, stood with a widened jaw. His glowing white eyes took in their hard labour, and he was wordless for the best part of two minutes. Figure was feeling around, his fingers nestling in the tinsel on the walls.

"Christmas decorations, courtesy of me and (Y/n)." Ambush proudly announced, squeezing (Y/n) close to himself,"Christmas is coming up and she wanted to celebrate it here in the hotel."

Seek's pensive gaze hardened as it hit the floor, as he drowned himself in his mind to try processing what it meant.

"It's awesome!" Screech squealed, raising his arms and pointing toward the tree,"It's so pretty!"

Figure's response to the decorations was a pleased growl, as he couldn't muster anything to say.

(Y/n), feeling overjoyed by the appreciation of their efforts, gave Ambush a light kiss on the cheek,"I can't wait to spend Christmas here with you."

Ambush reciprocated the affection by kissing (Y/n) on the forehead,"And I am happy to spend it with you, even if I don't know what it is."

Snuggling closer to Ambush's chest, (Y/n) let out an exhausted groan,"I know you'll enjoy it."

He let her rest herself, as he pet her head,"Well we'll enjoy it together, won't we?"

His rhetorical question aroused no response, and he discovered (Y/n) had fallen asleep, given she was so drowsy. Giving her another kiss on the forehead, he pulled her to his chest and let her rest.