I feel around the wall and flip a light switch.
The rest of the room is bare, the kitchen without dishes or food, the only thing in the living room being the board of his stalking pictures. A few newspapers were on the floor, with red sharpie circles on different parts of the pages.
Headlines of murders, murders that I and some of the other associates committed, he must've been tracking and linking me to these. I wish some people had other hobbies, then they wouldn't end up on the otherside of life as much.

The only door was battered and the paint was peeling. I reached for the know but grasped nothing, the door know was ripped off from its place on the door. I fit as much of my hand in as I could and felt around to see if it'd let me open it, when that didn't work, I, like any sensible person, resorted to violence.

taking a few steps back then charging forward and smashing the door off its hinges with my shoulder. I shake my left shoulder of the dust that had come with crushing the door, patting off the extra that refused to leave with the shake.
Down the one hall we're two doors, both wide open, checking from right — bedroom — to left — bathroom —.

"Poppy, are you in here?"

Behind the closed curtain in the bathroom a muffled sound, a whimpering. I opened the curtains, tearing them off by accident. Poppy sat there, a small pool of.... something, I couldn't identify it.

I grabbed her, she had tears streaming down her face, a tie was in her mouth to muffle her cries I'm guessing. I cut her burned wrists from the rope, then her ankles, I removed the tie. As soon as I did she hugged me tightly, sobbing loudly, soaking my shoulder in tears.

My hands rubbed her back soothingly, trying to get her calmed down.

"You wanna go to your home?"

"No" She whispered, wiping away her tears even though they just flowed right past her hands "I can't, dad... he... he's mad at me... he told me.. yelled at me to leave"

"Well.... shit" What am I gonna do with her? I have... no, I can't. She can't stay with me, nope. Off the table.

"Can..."

Please no

"Can I stay with you? Only for a little, till my dad calls... if he calls"

I rub the sides of my head, groaning in frustration. "Fine, I need to get you cleaned up anyways, wouldn't be a good Lieutenant if I didn't"

i kneel down and look back at her, "Get on, your ankles won't survive the fall" She looked away swiftly, biting the inside of her cheek before listening and jumping on my back.

"Am I not heavy?"

"Shut up, I have a lot to deal with now"

I couldn't see her but I'm guessing she did something to confirm that she'd listen. I slip out the window, careful to not hit Poppy with anything. Stepping up on the rail I pean forward and fall down to my feet. The man was in the floor with Eli's foot on his back while he leaned on a wall with his eyes closed.

I set Poppy down. "Eli, take her out to the road, I'll pay you for your troubles, other then a shirt"

He rolled his eyes but listened. I checked the time on my phone, that daycare shouldn't close soon. The man was unconscious on the ground. This makes it easier. I wrap my arm around his neck and lock my other arm around my hand and squeeze around his neck.