Yuehwa hated this idle chatter that was going on around her. Nobody here truly meant a thing that they were saying, their voices all dripping with hypocrisy. It reminded her of why she hated the royal courts, because it was almost impossible to hear a genuine voice amidst the noise. Picking up a winter melon seed from the bowl that was on the side table, she flicked it hard in the direction of the prince of Feng, snorting when she saw him wince in surprise as it hit him right on the knee.

Serves him right, arrogant jerk.

Now that she had the opportunity to observe him up close, she thought she could see the slightest trace of family resemblance between him and Shoya. They had the same broad shoulders and ridiculously sharp nose bridges, but beyond that there was little else. Temperament-wise, she could hardly believe that they could be brothers.

While all the guests continued with their small talk, the two men carried on with their clash of swords. Neither could find a way to break through the other's defenses, and with every move it was becoming evident that Shoya's strength was gradually fading. Even the once confident smirk on the face of the prince of Feng had faded away, replaced instead by a frown of displeasure.

From behind her mask, Yuehwa's gaze momentarily met Shoya's, and in that instant when Shoya's concentration wavered, Baixun seized the opportunity to strike. The tip of his sword aimed straight for Shoya's chest. Yuehwa's eyes widened as she watched the sword continue inching closer towards Shoya's heart, knowing that he wouldn't be able to dodge in time. In that split second, she caught the ever subtle twitch of his left hand.

"Stop!" she suddenly shouted, her voice ringing out across the entire arena. At that very same moment, something small struck Shoya against his left wrist. He immediately stopped what he was about to do, looking down at the inconspicuous winter melon seed lying on the ground.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to look at her, perplexed by the sudden command. Baixun instinctively withdrew his hand, just in time stop his blade barely millimetres away from Shoya's chest. All eyes were on her, waiting for what she would say next.

"Is something the matter, my dear?" the king frowned and asked.

Clearing her throat to buy herself some time to think of what to say next, Yuehwa tried her best to imitate the princess's voice, saying, "I think this match is over. It's already clear who the winner is, isn't it? There's no need to fight till the end, everyone is tired and the heat is getting unbearable."

The prince of Feng immediately burst out in indignation, "But the match isn't over. The rules of the tournament state that the match is only over when one party is unable to continue fighting, but that hasn't happened yet."

"I don't see the point in continuing," Yuehwa replied coldly. "Gi has won. This tournament is being held in my name, and I do not wish to have it tainted by bloodshed."

The king laughed, standing up from his seat and announcing loudly, "The princess is right, everyone can see that Gi has emerged victorious! Even if we continued, the outcome would still be the same, so instead of putting everyone through this unbearable heat, I declare that the annual sparring championships has come to a close. This year's champion is the representative from Gi!" Turning to the prince of Feng, the king said, "Your champion fought valiantly, but alas there can only be one winner."

In turn, he said to Maroo, "With such promising talent under your charge, I am convinced that Gi will continue to flourish. We will see to the arrangements for the royal wedding immediately. Send word to your father that I am most pleased to have his son as part of my family."

Yuehwa shook her head. It was obvious what the king's agenda was from his choice of words. To him, he wasn't intending to marry off a daughter—he was planning to gain a son and a valuable ally. Between Dahai and Gi, he had already made it quite clear who called the shots in this soon-to-be partnership.