39 - We Only Ever Needed Us

A/N ) Shocking to see me randomly appear, huh ?😧⚾️
+ the baseball emoji is a reference to one of my fanfics so if you got that your a true one
________
Finney POV

"Give it time," Bruce told me with a disapproving glare. "It's only young love!" Vance would remark. No one approved of you and I — besides us. We only ever needed us.

Robin kneeled, one knee hard against the wood floor and his foot flat against the tile, like a fallen soldier kneeling to his maiden, he sat. "Would you marry me?" He asked with a small box in his hands, his cheeks rosey and his hair pushed back behind his ears. "Yes!" I shouted. "Yes, yes, yes!"
________

"I knew we would die one day, some day. But I never thought those last days would be with you." Robin spoke lovingly to me as we stood at the wedding podium in our black and white suits and ties. His hands shook as he grasped onto a small, neatly folded paper which he read a thoughtful letter to me. The crowd gushed as he spoke, Gwen stood behind me with glossy eyes and a sappy smile. "You have taught me how to learn and grow, how to be a better man and a better boyfriend to you." He said, his voice cracking as he held back his tears. "I don't know what I did to deserve someone as handsome, as endearing, as you are, Finn." He paused, wiping a small tear off his cheek. "I promise to keep you safe. To love and protect you like I have for all these years. I promise to support and comfort you on your bad days, and I promise to love you unconditionally, like I always have, and always will." I sobbed at the comforting words my lover spoke. "With that, I pronounce Finn and Robin husbands!" The marriage officiant shouted. "You may kiss the groom!" Everyone shouted as me and Robin's lips locked together in a sweet emotional kiss — I had finally felt like I've found where I belong.