28 - 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐫 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐞 ⭐

𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦: 𝘍𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧 𝘰𝘧𝘤
𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴: 789
_________

Robin drove his fairly new truck towards the Blake residence. The sky lit with its twinkling stars and bright white moon. Robin listened to music on the radio, nodding his head to the beat. Just enjoying the moment.

He pulled into the driveway, putting his truck in park and exiting the vehicle, walking to the front door.

He gently tapped on the door, to be sure he wouldn't wake up Finney's dad.
_________

3𝘳𝘥 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

Finney opened the door, a smile painted across his face as he wore Robin's hoodie he'd always sleep in. He had blankets and a pillow stuffed in his arms, clearly struggling to hold it all.

"Hello my love, need help there?"
Robin quietly remarked, making Finney's face flushed. Robin was a bit too good at making Finney's heart melt.

"Yea, mind carrying a blanket?"
Finney asked, holding out a blanket for Robin to grab. It was soft and navy blue, a bit heavy to the touch.

"Of course beautiful boy."
Robin replied, pulling the blanket across his shoulder as he walked back to his truck, Finney following not far behind.

Robin draped the navy blue blanket over the drivers seat, making his seat more comfortable for their upcoming car ride date (if you'd even call it that).

Finney did the same, draping his white blanket that smelt of cedar and honey over the car seat, plopping the pillow over his lap as he got into the car.

Robin then got in the car too, buckling into his seat and leaning in to kiss Finney's cheek which was soft and still a tad bit flushed.

"You ready?"
Robin asked, making sure Finney didn't need to grab anything else before they left.

"Yea, I'm ready"
Finney softly responded with a smile.

Robin pulled out of the driveway, turning on the radio. It was quiet, but you could still hear the music. It was more of a toon that hummed in the background of their conversations and make out sessions.

They drove out to the country side of their state, the south, where there would be patches of open field where they could relax and stargaze.

They found a secluded field with short grass that went up to their ankles. They pulled into it, hopping out of the vehicle and grabbing their blankets.

The two layed the blankets down on the grass laying down ontop of it.

"It's so beautiful.."
Finney said, absolutely mesmerised as he studied the stars above.

The two layed that way, under the stars for awhile. Finney would talk about all the different stars and planets and Robin would just lay there, listening as he snuggled into Finney's side.

But eventually, it began being late, a bit later than they wanted to be out. The clock reached 3am, and thats when they decided to cut their date off, grabbing their blankets and getting back in the car, driving back to Finney's house.

The car ride back to Finney's was oddly quiet, Robin hadn't known why because he was a very focused driver. Rarely would he glance away from the road even if it was just for a second. But when there was a red light, he glanced at Finney, who was peacefully asleep, his head rested against the passenger side door.

Robin smiled at the sight, puttinf his hand against Finney's thigh as he continued stirring the wheel with his other hand.

Robin pulled back into Finney's drive way, sighing.

"I should probably carry you to bed, shouldn't I?"
Robin said, knowing Finney wouldn't hear him - as he was asleep.

Robin got out of the car, quietly shutting the door behind him as he walked to the passenger side and slowly opened the door. He unbuckled Finney, sliding one arm under his knees and the other on his back, picking him up and holding him close to his chest. Finney mumbled something, which Robin couldn't understand, he chuckled and shook his head, walking to the front door and slowly twisting the knob.

The lights were on still, which was strange. But not so strange when he saw Gwen in the living room.

"Hi Robin!"
Gwen whisper-yelled, earning a greeting back from Robin.

Robin walked into Finney's room placing Finney on the bed. He draped the blanket over Finney's asleep self, who was slightly snoring. Robin leaned down, pressing his lips against Finney's forehead, smiling into the kiss.

"Goodnight my love"
He whispered, before leaving.

When Finney awoke, there was a note left on his bedside table.

Had fun tonight, love you more than anything my love. ♡

P.S you're adorable when you sleep :)

- Love Robin

_________

𝘢/𝘯
𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘮 𝘴𝘰 𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘳𝘯