Chapter 5

Meanwhile, The Queen's Guards rode Queen Violet back to her carriage on their horses. Then Felix attached Sam and Wendy to the carriage while Jenny opened the carriage door and helped Queen Violet. Then they sat out in front, grabbed the horses' ropes, and started the carriage. While they were riding, The Masked Avenger raced after them. Queen Violet looked out her window when she heard a horse running and saw The Masked Avenger. Queen Violet said, "Here we go again. Felix, speed up the carriage. Jenny, get rid of The Masked Avenger."

The Masked Avenger rode next to the carriage and jumped to the top of it. When he got up there, Jenny was up there waiting. They each brought out their swords, looked at them, and saw that they were both holding each other's swords. Then they walked up to each other, traded swords, and got ready to sword fight. Jenny swung her sword at The Masked Avenger, but The Masked Avenger dunked, got up, and swung his sword at Jenny, butt Jenny jumped. The Masked Avenger missed, and Jenny landed on her feet. Then, The Masked Avenger had an idea. Jenny swung her sword at him, and he waved his sword at her. They both smacked swords and got hit to the ground, but The Masked Avenger got up. Then he looked down at Jenny, put his sword behind his back, and threw it down. Jenny took cover, and the sword flew right by her. Jenny said, "Ha, missed me." The Masked Avenger said, "Who said I was aiming at YOU?" The sword flew down, hit one of the carriage's wheels, and the wheel broke off. Then, the carriage speeded out of control. The Masked Avenger then jumped off, grabbed his sword, and rode away on his horse.

Before he left, The Masked Avenger looked at where the carriage was heading and thought about it. The Masked Avenger said, "Well, I guess I should help." The Masked Avenger rode after the carriage, took his rope, swung his lasso in the air, and lassoed Felix and Jenny. Then he pulled his cord, got Felix and Jenny off the carriage, and tied them to a rock so they wouldn't go anywhere. Then The Masked Avenger got back on Toronado, rode faster, and rode next to the carriage. When he got next to the carriage, he stood on his horse, jumped onto the carriage, and opened the door. Then he saw they were headed for the river, so The Masked Avenger grabbed Queen Violet, threw her on Toronado, and jumped onto Sam and Wendy. He pulled their ropes to stop the carriage, used his sword to cut the cables, and set the horses free. Toronado was still running after The Masked Avenger, and when they got halfway to the river, The Masked Avenger jumped onto Toronado and stopped him. They watched Queen Violet's carriage fall into the river and sink when they were both safe. Then, The Masked Avenger rode back to where he tied up Felix and Jenny. Sam and Wendy followed, and then he un-tied Felix and Jenny. Afterward, Jenny put Queen Violet on her horse, and they rode off while The Masked Avenger rode off in the opposite direction.

Meanwhile, Jacob walked out of the cave and tore a part of his shirt when he left. When he departed, he looked around and didn't see anybody. Jacob said, "I'm not progressing, just sitting around and moping. I need to start walking and looking for Frank." Jacob tried to get up but was still sad and could barely stand, so he did his best to stand up and walk. Frank was still looking for Jacob when he rode down the path past the waterfall and made it to the bottom without falling into the water. While Frank headed down the path, Jacob was walking around looking for Frank. While they were looking for each other, The Masked Avenger rode through the woods, hoping to find both. While they were all searching, Queen Violet and her guards rode back to Queen Violet's Palace. When they arrived, Queen Violet went to her room and sat on her bed, and her cat jumped up. When she got there, Queen Violet grabbed her cat and started to pet her. Queen Violet and her guards slept in their rooms when it got dark. While they were asleep, The Masked Avenger tied Toronado to a tree and bunked in Toronado's tree. While it was dark, Frank looked around and saw storm clouds. He also noticed all the animals were gone, so he figured it would rain. When the rain started, Frank found an old cave, took shelter with his horses, slept in it for the night, and waited for the rain to stop. While it was raining, Jacob found another cave, took shelter, napped in it for the night, and stayed there until it ended.

The rain was still going on when morning came, so everyone stayed in their shelters and waited for it to stop. It rained for hours, but when it ended, Jacob walked into the river and tried to catch a fish for him to eat. While he was in the river, Frank came out of the cave, stepped into the river, and tried to catch a fish. While The Two Musketeers fished, The Queen's Guards got on their horses and started looking for The Two Musketeers again, even if they got separated. Frank and Jacob caught a fish from the river, walked out of it, and made a fire to cook their fish. When The Two Musketeers finished cooking their fish, they ate them, and both left where they were. Frank got on Maverick and kept looking for Jacob, and Jacob started to walk around looking for Frank.

Frank saw a canyon up ahead and rode his horse through it. Frank yelled for Jacob, and his voice echoed back at him. Frank said, "Wow, there's an echo in this canyon." When Frank heard the echo, he kept talking aloud and listened to his voice echoing back while he rode Maverick through the canyon with Robin following. While Frank rode through the canyon, he heard the sound of horses running towards him. Frank looked behind him and saw The Queen's Guards running toward him. Frank said, "Robin, run. Maverick, time to leave." Frank speeded up Maverick and ran away fast while Robin followed them. While he was running, The Queen's Guards followed him through the canyon.

Frank took his sword out while riding and threw it at a canyon rock formation. When the blade hit the rock formation, Frank ran by it before it collapsed. Then he grabbed his sword, and the rock formation collapsed, blocking Felix and Jenny's way through the canyon. When they came to the rock wall, they told Sam and Wendy to jump it. Frank looked behind him and saw The Queen's Guards still following him. Frank said, "These guys are good. It looks like I'll have to ditch them. Maverick and Robin run faster and jump out of this canyon. Head for the dead-end over there." Frank pointed at where he wanted them to run, and they ran in that direction. When they ran in that direction, The Queen's Guards followed them. When they reached the dead end, Maverick and Robin saw it wasn't so high to jump, so they hopped out of the canyon and ran off. When The Queen's Guards came to the dead end, they thought Frank had vanished, but they looked up and thought he had jumped out, so they tried it themselves. Sam and Wendy leaped out of the canyon, and when they got out, Felix and Jenny looked around but couldn't find Frank anywhere. Felix said, "Well, he's gone." Jenny stated, "Come on; let's go." Frank came out from where he had been hiding after they had left. Then he ran off to see if he could find Jacob anywhere nearby.