chapter 140

Xia Tian was puzzled. For a while, he wondered if he was dazzled by the stench. At the same time, he wondered whether the small world that had finished the trial could allow them to enter again. However, his mind turned a thousand times. Hundreds of thoughts are useless. There are banners and cloth hanging everywhere in this mourning hall, and a large area can be ignited as soon as the flames are licked. In addition, there is long-burning lamp oil in the mourning hall, and the fire borrows the power of the oil. In the blink of an eye, the mourning hall becomes There was a sea of ​​fire.

Although those man-eating butterflies were burned by the fire, they couldn't bear to leave the delicious food at all. They greedily clinged to the village chief's body one by one. One butterfly was burnt to powder by the flames, and a new one immediately made up for it.

Xia Tian gritted his teeth, gathered his clothes with one hand, and tightly protected the tablet hidden in his arms, and tried to grope inside the coffin with the other hand, trying to find out if there was another mechanism hidden inside, but this groping was really amazing. He found something unusual.

Under the set of wedding gowns that had turned into ashes, there was actually a huge chrysalis hidden.

The off-white chrysalis was as long as Xia Tian's forearm. After Xia Tian wiped off the rags covering the surface, a nearly transparent white cocoon thread was revealed, and a person could be clearly seen wrapped inside.

The man was wearing a light blue robe, his eyes were closed tightly as if he was in deep sleep, and the expression on his face was even more relaxed. Even through cocoons, Xia Tian still would not mistake his face, even as if the man in the next second He will open his eyes and call him "Xia Xia" softly.

The owner's body is actually hidden here? Xia Tian's breathing was stagnant, he didn't even care to look back to see how big the fire was, but stretched out his hand towards the cocoon silk, trying to drag Sheng Li's body out of it.

Just before his fingers were about to touch the cocoon silk, Xia Tian let out a "huh" and picked up a green hair from the chrysalis. After looking closely, he remembered that it was the green hair's hair.

He still remembered the strange black shadow walking towards the green hair last night. If he guessed right now, that black shadow is actually a striped carnivorous butterfly. The nest of these butterflies is this coffin, so it devoured the green hair last night. Then, they flew back here again.

But the coffin was clearly nailed tightly, and even he had to work hard to pry open the nails. Where did these light-bodied spotted butterflies fly in and out?

Thinking that the powder shaken off the scales of the butterfly wings contains hallucinogenic substances, once humans inhale them, they will produce all kinds of weird hallucinations like hysteria, so last night the green hair kept calling ghosts, and I thought it was inhaling the scales. caused by powder.

Thinking of this, Xia Tian's heart suddenly skipped a beat. He threw away the lock of hair in his hand, and his eyes fell on the face of the person inside the chrysalis. The smell of blood and blood rushed to his brain in an instant, making him suddenly sober.

At this time, when Xia Tian looked at the chrysalis again, he was startled. There was no body of the owner there. The one in front of him was clearly a huge carnivorous spotted butterfly that was about to break out of the chrysalis, and he had just The hand that wanted to reach out was no more than an inch away from the mouthparts of the spotted butterfly!

He stepped back abruptly. At this moment, those small black carnivorous spotted butterflies had already sucked up the village chief's flesh and blood, leaving only a piece of human skin. After the dry human skin fell to the ground, they did not leave the fire. The raging mourning hall flew back into the coffin one after another instead.

Xia Tian saw them landing on the mouthparts of the giant butterfly one after another, and couldn't help being surprised, it turned out that those butterflies actually regarded themselves as the food of the giant butterfly.

The giant butterfly sucked up the rest of the small carnivorous piebald butterflies one by one, and soon there was a thick layer of butterfly corpses inside the coffin, as if a black carpet had been laid inside, and the giant butterfly slowly Slowly spreading its wings, it crawled out of the coffin.

Xia Tian was only concerned about the fact that the coffin was most likely to be involved in the Yin-Yang Road, which was related to Sheng Li, so he completely forgot about his own safety. Instead, he took the opportunity of the giant butterfly to climb out of the coffin and returned to the coffin. Die's previously filled military uniform was also picked up by him and put on his shoulders. He always felt that it belonged to the owner, and he didn't want to let it be swallowed by the flames in vain.

The giant butterfly was obviously very interested in Xia Tian. It spread its wings and stood in front of the mourning hall as if it wanted to pounce on Xia Tian, ​​but it was afraid of the Sheng Li aura on him and did not dare to go forward.

On the other side, Xia Tian finally found something wrong in the coffin.

It turned out that the butterflies at the bottom of the coffin were sliding down one by one through a round hole at the bottom of the coffin. Looking at the irregular patterns, it seemed that some small burrowing beast accidentally dug through the hole when it came up. The round hole must be connected with the outside world, and those carnivorous spotted butterflies come and go along that round hole, so no matter how tightly the coffin is nailed, they can travel unimpeded.

What really caught Xia Tian's attention was not the round hole, but the strange pattern on the side of the coffin.

Just now he was only interested in finding out whether there was the owner's body inside the coffin, and the coffin was very tall, so he didn't notice any patterns on the coffin wall for a while, but now he looked closely, only to find that those were not patterns but runes, What made him even more strange was that these runes seemed to be the ones he had seen before.

But he had never been in contact with gods and ghosts in the previous few small worlds, and Sheng Li had only mentioned formations and layouts to him, but he hadn't mentioned these runes. Where did he see them?

However, the fire did not wait for anyone. The flame that was still burning on the side of the altar gradually climbed up the beams in the house, and the wooden windows, tables, chairs and other objects were also surrounded by flames. The huge carnivorous butterfly was already flapping its fans impatiently. Wings up, ready to fly away at any time.

However, Xia Tian seemed completely unaware of the gradually rising temperature in the room. He frowned and tried desperately to recall the place where he might have seen the rune, but a few unclear images suddenly flashed in his mind, which made his heart ache. With a jump, the next moment he bit open the wound on his finger that had just healed, and used blood as ink to trace those runes again.

Every time the blood falls, the runes in that place become brighter, and the giant butterfly by the door becomes more frenzied. The tentacles on the top of its head keep knocking on each other. After a while, it seems that the bloodthirsty instinct has overcome the fear , it spread its wings and flew towards Xia Tian.

Xia Tian had already noticed the movement of the giant butterfly, but he couldn't pay attention to it right now. He only knew that once the rune was drawn, it would never stop. He just focused on the rune on the inner wall of the coffin. Wen, and kept forcing the blood out of the fingertips, lest the rune be broken.

The giant butterfly was attracted by his very tempting smell of blood, and became more and more restless. Its claws clasped Xia Tian's shoulders tightly, and its mouthparts were aimed at his sky cap, and it was about to pierce through Xia Tian. .

The flames rose, and the wood and cloth in the house were burned and emitted bursts of smoke. Xia Tian felt that his eyes were about to be blinded, but his gestures did not stagnate in the slightest. Instead, they became faster and faster, and the blood that was forced out was more Seeing that his runes were finally drawn, Xia Tian heaved a sigh of relief, and the giant butterfly on his shoulder finally couldn't bear it anymore, and the frequency of its wings vibrating became increasingly high, unexpectedly It made a buzzing sound like a bee.

It raised its head slightly at first, and then stabbed down suddenly, intending to pierce Xia Tian's head with this huge momentum. Just a second before its sharp mouthparts touched Xia Tian's hair, a cold The hand pinched its mouthparts, and then without giving the giant butterfly any time to react, the hand tightened hard, breaking the extremely sharp mouthparts of the giant butterfly abruptly.

Before the giant butterfly could dodge in time, it was pinched by those hands and thrown into the increasingly raging sea of ​​flames. When it fell into the flames, the flame rose half a meter from the ground, and the giant butterfly struggled in the fire Incessantly, even though both wings were ignited by the flames, they tried their best to flap their fans and want to leave.

The flapping of the giant butterfly's wings brought up a gust of air, causing the flames to spread further. However, Xia Tian, ​​who was close at hand, could not feel the slightest burning sensation of the flames. He raised his head and looked at Sheng Li with a smile, coughing due to the thick smoke A few times, but still did not forget to say: "I knew the master would come."

Sheng Li carefully protected him in his arms, then took off the military uniform on his shoulders and threw it back into the coffin. Lu reluctantly said, "It's just an external possession. I'm here, and you don't need any clothes."

Xia Tian hugged him and pressed his whole body against Sheng Li's body, "Okay.

" But as if consciously avoiding Sheng Li's position abruptly, he hugged Xia Tian and walked out of the burning mourning hall.

As soon as Sheng Li walked out of the courtyard, the girder in the mourning hall seemed to finally be unable to withstand the burning of the flames, and broke into several pieces and fell down. Once the girder fell, the whole house also collapsed, and the heavy tiles fell one after another. The ferocious fire overwhelmed it a bit.

Xia Tian stayed in that room for a long time, and he was already suffering from the heavy smoke. Now he suddenly breathed fresh air, and couldn't help coughing violently. Sheng Li quickly patted his back to relieve him, and then Carrying him away from the mourning hall, walked to the ancient well in the backyard, raised his hand a little, and a line of water rose from the well, attracted by him and landed on his fingertips, gently wiping away the black ash stained on Xia Tian's face .

Xia Tian was just when his throat was dry, and when he saw water, he hurriedly grabbed Sheng Li's hand, stretched out the tip of his tongue and licked the water drops cherishingly, he still had a bit of a fox's nature, he was thirsty not only but also He will drink water in big gulps, but will stick out his tongue and lick it like a fox drinking water.

He cherished it so much, but Sheng Li couldn't stand it anymore. He put water in his mouth, pinched Xia Tian's chin and kissed it, pouring all the warm spring water into his mouth before giving up.