Kapitel 11

Chapter 11

Gerda and Rollan sat together with Captain Oscar around a large pot of soup and all had a bowl in their hands filled with the creamy liquid.

"I could only offer you potato soup here at the ride. It's actually meant for my entire ride, but you can eat as much as you want. I can take the chance and look for other ingredients to make myself a new one," Said Oscar seeing Gerda smile, while Rollan drank from the bowl.

"That's really hospitable from your side, Captain," Commented Gerda making the sailor smile, then notice Rollan had finished his soup.

"You too. Serve yourself. There's enough," Said Oscar using the spoon inside the pot to take out the soup to fill Rollan's bowl again.

"Gracias," Responded Rollan, then Gerda held out her bowl at the sailor, which gave her a scoop as well.

"Thank you," Responded Gerda. "This soup here is very good," Complimented the blonde making the sailor chuckle.

"Don't need to tell. It's just the basic ingredients and some salt and pepper," Explained the captain making Gerda nod.

"I love that kind of soup, where the cream is added into it. It always tastes so delicious for me," Commented Gerda making Rollan nod.

"Ah good. Your boyfriend here could use some lessons from your mother to please your mouth sometimes, right?" Asked Oscar winking at Rollan, which got embarrassed at the man's comment and Gerda covered her mouth to avoid chuckling.

"Actually, we're friends," Corrected Rollan making Gerda nod.

"Yes. Consider, we're theoretically even best friends," Mentioned Gerda making Oscar nod.

"Oh, that's good too," Commented the captain, then got up and picked up his bowl along with the empty bowl, that lied in front of the weasel, which had lied her head over her paws to nap. "I'll be right back," Said the captain making the duo nod, which watched the captain walk upstairs to the steering area. Gerda looked back at her soup with a smile, then began to drink from the bowl, while watching Rollan slurp his soup quicker, afterward he licked his upper lip to clean off the soup and he rolled his eyes at Gerda, which chuckled at his deed.

"It's all fluid. I can eat them quicker," Commented Rollan, then Gerda slid closer to the Spaniard.

"Usually the best thing about eating is to take your time and appreciate the company," Commented Gerda making Rollan nod.

"Correct," Agreed the Spaniard. "I was letting my hunger take over,"

"I'm glad to have at least a warm dinner before going to sleep after the few days of traveling," Commented Gerda seeing Rollan nod agreeing with the woman.

"Yes," Agreed Rollan, then he remembered an idea. "Talking about warm dinner.....when we get back to Kai, we should all three together go eat something for real. Something more solid,"

"Before we leave Malmö you mean?" Questioned Gerda making Rollan nod.

"Yes, or we can also do it later. I understand, if you two want to get home first,"

"Well, I will be already happy if Kai and I find each other again. I think he might consider respecting you now, compared to the last time you two saw each other,"

"I'd be glad to be friends with him," Confessed Rollan making Gerda smile, then heard a strange musical noise and both looked together upstairs to see Captain Oscar come down with a violin over his shoulder, which he had started to play.