Capitulo 1

Chapter 1

Magicians have lived among us for decades hiding their true nature in order to remain alive and live peacefully. A few magicians under them had tried to create a better world with their magic in order to create peace. The Snow Queen, The Fire King, Loki, Hercules, Mavka, the Sandman, Saint Nicklaus, and other mythically inspired beings have taken that chance to do so, in both good and bad ways. The most recent one is the Snow Queen, once considered the most powerful magician. To be correct, she still is it. De facto, the only thing, that weakened her powers was a specific hand mirror. The hand mirror, that was created by another powerful magician under the name Vegard.

The world took another spin on the day, his daughter found out her brother was alive and she went by herself accompanied by a minion of the queen to look for the boy. By the end, the little girl was really capable to catch the Snow Queen and send her into the mirrorlands to stop the eternal frost the sorcerer created years ago. Some humans had this bad view of magicians since the Snow Queen's deed and one day King Harald worked on a plan to lock up all magicians in the world of the mirrorlands. To his surprise, the same girl defeated Harald as well, which to his surprise turned out to be a magician as well! Even less the girl under the name Gerda had help of a human boy, Rollan. It was thanks to him, the girl gained again force to fight for the freedom of her family and magicians. The better, her magic had gotten active at the right moment to help her take down King Harald's powerful invention. Between Gerda and King Harald a promise was made. He apologized to everyone for what he had done and confessed, that magicians have the right to live among humans as well, despite having that one difference. The gift. Gerda learned more about herself and the issue, that happened to Rollan in the past couldn't be changed, but he learned to let it go and so did Gerda. The two accepted it and became friends. Gerda was just as the day she met him attracted to the raven-haired and Rollan.....well, he was willing to die for the girl in order to save her family. Gerda appreciated it, despite it if she had to say farewell to him, things would have been bad in some way. Rollan accepted Gerda's friendship and went with the flow, waiting for the moment the girl would be able to see in him something more than he was at that moment. Months had passed and Rollan heard from the trolls his mother was worried about him. That's when Rollan thought about leaving the place to return back to his mother. He promised Gerda, when he could he would return and thought about confessing his love for her on the day of the departure. Tragically Rollan on purpose didn't do that. He didn't fear being rejected or being laughed at. No, Gerda would never laugh at him. In fact, she respected him and understood his feelings of being hurt or treated as a joke, when you want to help in something. He avoided confessing to her, cause he believed it was the wrong moment. It was too early to do anything, after everything he had done. It partially wasn't his fault, but the Fire Demon in his body. Major things he had done or said during the curse of the wishing stone felt to him like things, that would need time to vanish or even not. He simply left Gerda back with one long embrace. He promised her to respond to her letters, which she offered to make to hear how he was doing. Rollan and Gerda's friendship turned into a pen pal friendship from that day on, this letting their relationship live on from black ink on paper.

Months had passed, both sides had gotten busy with their lives and fewer letters came until one time Gerda didn't seem to send Rollan any letter, saddening the boy, which assumed he must have turned a burden for the blonde. Within that time, Rollan receives one last letter from Gerda, thus bringing the Spaniard a new surprise. The girl was actually engaged with someone else! This was the last thing he expected to hear from her, but he accepted it. He knew and felt, that a girl like Gerda deserved someone else, rather than Rollan. This is, at least Rollan's thoughts.....well the negative thoughts. Fate does know every place and puzzle in the world and brought Rollan back to Gerda's sight again, cause both had belonged together.