Hoofdstuk 4

Chapter 4

Hours later Gerda and Rollan managed to leave the accident location along with a couple of other passengers in a carriage to return to the next village in the Netherlands. Rollan had his head leaned against the wall and Gerda sat next to him caressing Luta on her back, which napped on her lap.

"If it wasn't for this accident we would be in Malmö right now or halfway through the route," Spoke Gerda, then looked at Rollan, which had his eyes closed to rest. Gerda smiled about seeing him sleeping, then leaned her back against his arm sensing him move and open his eyes to look at the woman, then yawned.

"I'm sorry," Apologized Rollan. "Are we there yet?"

"No, I thought you were sleeping and I leaned my back on you," Commented Gerda making Rollan nod.

"Oh okay. You can, if you want," Offered Rollan, then Gerda placed her head against his shoulder. "You're tired, aren't you?"

"Yes. I want to sleep, but I can't find a way to sleep," Commented Gerda making Rollan nod.

"In trips like this, it's not easy," Commented Rollan making Gerda nod. "When I could, I would use my jacket or anything else," Mentioned Rollan, then noticed, that Gerda could use it as well. "Hey, I can borrow you my pullover," Rollan mentioned opening his bag to take out a dark-gray pullover, then handed it out to Gerda.

"Here, use it," Offered Rollan making Gerda smile amused, taking his pullover.

"That wasn't necessary," Responded Gerda watching Rollan shrug his shoulders unworried about having offered her the pullover, then she placed it between his shoulder and the back of the seat and placed her head on the pullover, while Rollan watched her. Gerda tried to adjust the pillow around her head, now having it over Rollan's shoulder, and lied her head again on him making him chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Questioned Gerda.

"Nothing. You just placed your head again over my shoulder, but it's fine. I don't mind it," Answered the Spaniard hearing the girl snicker.

"Oh....alright," Spoke Gerda. "Are you thinking about writing your mother a letter, when we arrive at our destination?"

"Uh I haven't thought about it yet," Responded Rollan. "Perhaps I should just in case. Not because of the accident we had, but the fact we're taking a different route. What about you? I mean.....did you write your parents anything when you were gone?"

"Oh I did write together with Kai a letter mentioning, that we might have a second stop on our way back home. If there's a chance I write a new letter and tell about, that Kai and I got split and that none of them have to worry about me. You happen to be on the ride too. That will make them feel at least relieved,"

"Your parents do really care about you a lot. They're really good people,"

"Yes. I'm so glad, that they have returned back into my life. Kai and I went through a lot before we found them again. Things are better now," Commented Gerda making Rollan nod.

"Talking about parents, you don't have to, I'm just curious, how are your future parents-in-law?"

"Bodhi is an eccentric inventor. He's a very hard-working man. I didn't see him as often as his wife. The times I have seen him at the work he has always shown kindness to me," Mentioned Gerda. "Merri, is as I mentioned once before, a wizardess. She's that sort of woman, that looks for everything. She basically strives for perfection. Sometimes it gets scary for you. She has also asked me a couple of times to do certain things differently,"

"Doing things differently? How so?" Questioned Rollan curious, watching Gerda place her hand in front of her face to ponder about a moment, she and her future mother-in-law had spoken.