The Questioning

Arthur, Merlin, and the knights were going out for a report of sorcery.  Lancelot said he'd be watching with Mordred and Merlin.  The knights didn't question it and just went to bed.

"Okay, we need to talk." Lancelot said sternly to Merlin.

"What do you mean? Did something happen?" Merlin asked confused.

"You and Mordred, you were being extremely distant. Why? Did he do something?" Lancelot said, demanding answers.

"Okay, so a long time ago, Mordred came to Camelot, under Uther's rule, but he's a Druid, so I think you know how that went. But a dragon, called the Great Dragon was locked under the castle, he kept calling me until I went to him and he told me Mordred would kill Arthur and told me I had to kill him so when he was leaving, I actually tried to kill him. But we forgave each other after he swore he'd never hurt Arthur, and we restarted are friendship." Merlin said calmly.

"Wait, back up. Mordred's a Druid?" Lancelot questioned having no idea.  Mordred just pulled up his sleeve showing his triskelion symbol on his upper arm.  Lancelot was surprised but didn't care.

"Well that explains why you were being so friendly last night." Lancelot said smugly putting air quotes around friendly.

"Oh my gods, Lance. We're just friends, I swear, please." Merlin said rolling his eyes while Mordred chuckled to himself.

"Okay, well I'm going to bed." Merlin said.

"Yeah, it's late, I'll go to." Mordred agreed.  And with that, Mordred and Merlin went to bed accidentally touching on the way, he managed to hide his racing heart and blushing after while Mordred walked away.

After about an hour, Lancelot woke Gwaine up for his turn.  Once Gwaine took over, Lancelot headed to his tent with Merlin. 

"Lance, I think we have a problem." Merlin said looking down embarrassed.

"Wait? What happened?" Lancelot asked concerned.

"I think I have a crush on Mordred." Merlin said with tears in his eyes.