Reuniting

The knights were taking a trip for patrol when they noticed Morgana walking towards Arthur but Arthur didn't notice.  "Arthur, watch out!" Gwaine shouting. "Hello, dear brother. I missed you. I need your help." Morgana said calmly.

"I will never help you, Morgana. You've been corrupted, this isn't you." Arthur responded.

"But it is, Arthur. And you and your father turned me into this.  And you owe me a favor, so does Merlin because he's working with you." Morgana says, still collected.

Merlin couldn't do anything before Morgana teleported them out and made them walk through the harsh winter.

  *That night*

"Merlin, Arthur. Wake up." A voice said quietly. 

"M-Mordred?" Merlin asked confused and quietly.

"Yes, Em-Merlin, it's me, Mordred. Now let me help you get out of Morgana's enslavement.

"Wait, what about enslaving people?" Arthur asked, still tired.

"Morgana found a key to all wisdom, but she needs to find it and thinks it's an actual key, so she's enslaving random people she finds to help in the search for the key." Mordred said, shocked that nobody told them.

"Okay, then we need to go, and you're coming with us." Arthur said.

"But, sire." Mordred replied, respectfully.

"No, Mordred, no buts. You're coming with us." Arthur said again

"Okay sire, only because you insist." Mordred replied and they both quietly laughed before sneaking out of the campsite.

*At the castle the next morning*

"Guys, I'm back!" Arthur shouted as he ran into the armory. "And this is Mordred. He saves us, but be careful around Morgana." Arthur continued.  The knights hugged Arthur and Merlin and said they would.

"So, tell us about yourself, Mordred." Gwaine said as he shook Mordred's hand.  "Well, pretty much, Morgana saved me when I was a child, at 9 years old, but I realize she's dangerous and no good." Mordred said flatly.  "Oh, I'm sorry, Mordred. That must have been hard, seeing what she's turned into because of my father." Arthur said apologetically as Gwaine hugged him. 

Merlin did his duties as fast as possible and avoided Mordred as much as possible.  That night, it happened again.

*That night*

"Emrys, why weren't you talking to me today? Is something wrong? Did I do something? Please." Mordred said sadly into Merlin's head.    "Emrys, please answer. You know you can't ignore me forever. At least just come to my chambers. Please Emrys, I trust you'll be there.  Merlin knew Mordred was right, he couldn't ignore it forever so he went to Mordred's Chambers.  Mordred opened the door, pulled Merlin in, and locked it.

"Emrys, please just tell me what I did wrong. All I want to do is prove myself to you and Arthur and the rest of the knights.  Please just tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it." Mordred said pleadingly.

"It's not what you've done, it's what you will do." Merlin responded flatly.

"What does that even mean?" Mordred asked, mainly himself.

"I shouldn't be telling you this, but when we first met all those years ago, I went to a dragon and he said you would kill Arthur and I'd have to kill you. That's the only reason I ever used the vines, I swear, I never wanted to kill you." Merlin responded, with an apologetic tone.

"Emrys, Arthur gave me everything I could ask for. I have no reason to kill him, I promised Camelot I'd protect him but there's one thing I'd want to protect more, and that's you, Emrys." Mordred responded.

"Okay, thank you. Can we start over as friends? Maybe? I hope you'll forgive me for listening to that dragon." Merlin asked.

"Yes, of course. And, can we not tell Arthur this happened?" Mordred responded.

"I won't, I promise." Merlin answered before going to sleep.