✰ Chapter 2 ✰

The night sky was aglow with bright city lights.
And in the shadows of the pale crescent moon were four turtles jumping from one building to another. The cold nipped at their skin but the blood in their bodies kept them warm.
After almost half an hour of chatting, running, jumping and so on, they finally had enough. "Alright, everything seems fine tonight." Leo announced, "let's go get Splinter's cheese and let's get out of here." The leader instructed and his team nodded. They all went to Murakami San's restaurant and went through the front.
"Murakami san! Your favourite mutants are here!" Mikey cheered, said cook turned around at the sound of the turtles entering, "turtles! So glad you could make it. How can I help you?" Murakami asked, "hey Murakami San, is it okay if we can have just a tiny bit of your cheese? We'll pay you." Donnie asked, "of course! Would you like anything else?" Murakami San asked, the turtle brothers looked at each other before shrugging, "I mean- while we're here we might as well make the most of it." Raph suggested, "I agree." Donnie nodded, everyone already knew what Mikey's answer was, "sure why not? Can we have the usual, please? Murakami San." Leo smiled as they sat down on the counter, "of course." The blind cook smiled and began to get to work.
As Murakami San was working he turned towards the turtles ever so slightly, "Michelangelo you smell nice." The cook complimented, the brothers looked at their brother and Mikey smirked, "ever since we first met Murakami San I've been putting on Deodorant! You've only ever noticed now?" Mikey tilts his head slightly, "it's not exactly like we smell you every day Mikey." Raph commented, "you rough handle me every day! How do you not notice?" Mikey crossed his arms, the brothers just shrugged before leaving the subject.
After eating and paying Murakami San for the cheese and food they were finally on their way.

"His food always fills me up." Raph smiled as they were walking calmly upon the rooftops of NYC. "I couldn't agree more. His food must be made of magic." Leo agreed, "yeah, all of us are full up, even Mikey." Donnie pointed towards their youngest brother who was starting to get drowsy. "We best hurry home so we can all rest." Leo huffed. But suddenly the oldest felt shivers go up his spine and his muscles stiffened, the turtle stopped in his tracks, the other brothers turned around and faced their leader was a confused and concerned look, "Leo you good?" Raph asked, "Greetings turtles." Suddenly a dark voice loomed, the brothers gasped and stared at the being behind Leo, he held his breath as he warily turned around, meeting eyes with the half-blind man who guys by the name: Shredder.
"Shredder! What are you doing here!" Leo growled, snapping out of his scared trance, "I'm here to destroy you turtles once and for all!" Shredder growled, "not if we destroy you first." Raph snarled, grabbing his Sai's and swinging them in his hands, Leo grabbed his swords, Donnie grabbed his Bō and Mikey grabbed his nun-chucks.
"This ends now, turtles." Shredder stepped forward, "okay sorry to interrupt but are you going to say 'turtles' in every sentence?" Donnie asked, getting bored, "I know right." Mikey cringed. Shredder's eyes narrowed as he launched forward, everyone dodged and eyed Shredder carefully.
The brothers were spread across the roof, so Shredder will have to pick who to go for. 'Bet he's going to go for me. They always do.' Mikey thought as he held his nun-chucks tighter, and Mikey was right, Shredder launched towards the young terrapin, Donnie, who was holding the cheese threw it onto the roof opposite him so he could concentrate on the fight.
The brothers fought and struggled throughout the entire fight.
Leo clung onto Shredder's arm and stabbed him in the tendon, Shredder screamed and threw Leo off the roof. "Leo!" Raph, Donnie and Mikey yelled, they all charged at Shredder only for the large man to throw something on the floor and then run away, smoke began to rise and covered the turtles, the smoke was green and smelled like rotten fish, suddenly a surging pain shocked their bodies and they scream in anguish.

Leo laid frozen in a large bin, he knew he had to get up and help his brothers but his body was in shock. Suddenly Shredder's shadow jumped onto a different roof, 'did they do it?' Leo thought before hearing three pained screams from the roof he had fallen from, "guys!" Leo snapped out of his shock and gripped the sides of the bin to help him up, his body felt sore but that didn't matter, his brothers could be halfway dying right now!
He forced himself to climb to the roof once again, but instead of screams and pained huffs, he saw three baby terrapins, crying whilst they lay on their masks. Raph was crying on his shell, seemingly trying to reach out for something, Donnie was crying on his stomach whilst gripping his purple mask which laid under him, and Mikey was on his shell rolling around on his mask whilst crying. Leo stood there frozen, looking at his literal baby brothers. "G-guys!" Leo stuttered as he rushed to his baby bros. He picked them all up and hugged them dearly, Raph immediately shut up and hugged closer into Leo's embrace, Mikey looked up at Leo's doe eyes with curiosity and relief whilst Donnie remained crying, wanting to fiddle with his mask. Of course, Leo noticed this and hummed, he gently placed his brothers down and picked up the masks and wrapped the correct ones to the turtles. Raph has the crack, Mikey has the freckles and Donnie has his lost tooth.
Leo then individually picked one up and inspected his brothers, checking if they were hurt, and thank the lord, they were not. Leo stared at his brothers whilst they played with each other, "what am I gonna tell dad." Leo grumbled, putting his face in his hands.
Out of the blue Raph Mikey, and Donnie began to cry, Leo's head shot up and noticed that his brothers were huddled up in a pile, seeming to try and stay warm, "right. Let's get you home and in the warm." Leo's eyes narrowed, and he picked up his brothers and carried all three of them in one arm before going to a certain roof where a bag full of wrapped-up cheese laid, he picked it up and saw it was still in good condition before rushing home.