Chpt 20: A New Beginning

One Week Later:

"You must eat, miss" Catelyn said pushing a plate of food towards me. "I'm not hungry" i mumbled. She sighed looking at the assortment of foods thinking of which one i might like.

"Look! Cake! You love cake!" she said trying to sound excited. "No thank you" i mumbled. Daemon sat at the opposite side of the table, tapping his fingers on the wood.

"It's been days. You need to eat" he said. I ignored him as i sat up from the table. "Your grace, it's not good for the baby if you do not eat" Catelyn said.

I ignored her too as i sat by the window seat. I was often grateful for Rhaenyra choosing this room for me, with the view of the gardens. It gave me small moments of peace. But that only lasted seconds. Then i remembered that night.

I heard Daemon sigh as he whispered something to Catelyn. She nodded as she left the room. Daemon pulled a seat over to me and sat there in silence. But it was not awkward, it was comfortable silence.

"I don't even want to imagine loosing my brother. I do love him. He's stupid and may be a cunt, but he's my brother. I know loosing your brother must be hard. Rhaenyra lost her brother... I know the circumstances were much different, but i also know she wants to be here with you... Even if she can't. She's written to you from Driftmark" he said sliding over three letters.

Daemon told me that Rhaenyra had been summoned to Driftmark for whatever wife duties she had. But i did not want to speak with her either. I didn't want to speak to anyone. I stayed silent refusing to meet his eye. "Look i know i can't help... But you need to eat, Azalea" he said.

I still refused to meet his eye as i looked upon the flowers lightly swaying in the soft wind. "Right then" Daemon said with a huff as he got up from his chair.

He walked towards the door as i heard a mumbled conversation. Maegor crawled up next to me and laid his head on my thighs. He hasn't been eating much of late either. I am more afraid for him than i am myself. He's been much different since that night also.

I broke my gaze from the garden and gave him a weak smile. He was the only small bit of family i had left. The only bit of protection i had. Well, him and-

Before i could finish my thoughts, i heard Daemon walk through door. But he was not alone. "Azalea" someone spoke. Those sweet words made my heart slow down as i finally turned my head.

I saw Harwin standing there with a small piece of paper in his hands. "Leave us" i mumbled. Even though Daemon rarely followed orders, especially from me, he decided to listen. He gave Harwin a small nod before he left the room.

I felt my lip quiver as i saw him. I collapsed back into my seat and put my head in my hands. Harwin rushed to my side and bent down in front of me.

"Hey, Azalea. Look at me" he said. I lifted my head up, not even trying to hold back my tears. "I am sorry about your bother. He seemed like a good man. A good brother. But Daemon has told me you haven't been eating" he said. "I don't want to, Harwin. I can't i-"

"Listen to me" he said cutting me off as he grabbed my hands in his. "I would never tell you do anything. I know better. But it isn't just you now. What about that baby your carrying. You need him to be safe. For your safety and his."

I bit my lip before i spoke. There was a long pause before anyone said anything. "He?" i questioned. Harwin let out a small laugh. "It's just a guess. A feeling more like" he said.

I felt my stomach which had now grown into a small bump. "I think it's a girl" i mumbled. "Do you now? Do you have any names in mind?" he asked. I could tell he was just trying to distract me, but i needed a distraction.