Chpt 5: Womanly Emotions

(Authors note: I will be changing some stuff in this story but i will try and keep to the original plot as much as possible)

The day after the queen funeral, the castle was silent. It was as if everyone was holding their breathe, dreading what was about to happen.

I got changed into a dress Rhaenyra had lended me and headed to Florian's room. "Come in" he said as i knocked on the door softly.

I walked in and looked around at his messy room. There was alcohol, clothes and swords all over the floor. "Wow. You've made yourself at home" i said playfully.

"They're not mine" he said with a small laugh. "You've had a maidens in here?" i questioned. Florian scoffed. "Sure. Let's say that."

I gave him a confused look as he changed the subject. "What are you doing today?" he asked. "I don't know yet... Everyone seems to be... Busy i guess" i said.

"I see why... Well i have plans if that's why your here" he said. "With who?" i asked taking a step closer to him. "A friend... He might be able to give me a job so i need to see him" he said.

"That's... Great" i said. A job? He's been here for two days and he might already have a "job". Florian saw the disappointment on my face as he gave me a smile.

"You'll be fine. Just venture the castle on your own today. You then might meet someone to talk to" he said. "I doubt it. But i'll try" i said with a weak smile.

Florian messed up my hair as he walked past me. I hated when he did that. And he knew it. I walked down the large castle stairs to see nearly no one in sight.

I smiled as the maids past me, but they didn't smile back. I then realised it wasn't just Rhaenyra and the king who were mourning, it was everyone in the kingdom.

As i tried to find something to keep me distracted, i began looking in the large rooms of the castle. I stopped in my tracks as i stood in front of the throne room.

I wouldn't dare go in there in a normal situation, but this wasn't a normal situation. The king was obviously not in there... Probably no one else would be either.

I opened the enormous doors as they creaked loudly. Before i could look anywhere else, my eyes landed on the people standing in the middle of the room.

"Oh my" i said with a gasp as i saw Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon inches away from eachother. They both backed away from each other when they heard me.

"I'm sorry... I should have knocked" i stuttered. "You shouldn't have come in here at all" Daemon said in an irritated tone.

I looked at the ground in embarrassment. "Azalea... This... This is Prince Daemon..." Rhaenyra mumbled. "Yes... I know... We've met" i said.

"You have?" she questioned. "We have indeed" he said giving me a death stare. "When?" she asked. My heart dropped as i held my breath.

I know Rhaenyra was a decent person, but if she found out i was eavesdropping on her father, i don't know what she'd think.

Daemon laughed as he realised how anxious i was. I shook my head gently as i pleaded him with my eyes not to say anything. "We met... We met... In the gardens. She was quite irritating so that's why i remember."

I exhaled in relief. "Thank you" i mouthed to him. Rhaenyra looked at us back and forth with a wary look. "I believe i should go see my father" she said coldly.

"I'll walk you" i said. "No. It's fine. I'll make it on my own thank you" she said. She gave Daemon a small nod and gave me a weak smile as she passed me.