Chpt 14: Dinner Time

I rushed to my chambers once that strange woman told me she left the book on my bed. I ran up the stairs and locked the door quickly. As i made sure the door was locked, i heard Maegor growl.

I turned around to see Daemon standing in the room. "What are you doing here?" i asked frantically. "This is our chambers. Or have you forgotten" he said. I rolled my eyes as i walked towards my bed.

I threw the blanket off the bed and looked for the book but it was no where to be seen. "You looking for this?" Daemon asked holding up a book with a dark leather cover.

My face flinched as i saw it. "Give it. That's mine" i said. "Dark magic? That's strange even for you" he said. "Just give it to me, Dameon" i said more sternly.

I went to grab it but Daemon held it up high so i could not reach. "I told my brother this would happen. That you were just like your mother. Let me take a guess, i survived the battle so now your going to hex me dead, is that it?" he questioned.

"Don't speak a word about my mother" i snapped. "Are you going to tell me i'm wrong?" he said sounding more angry. I stayed quiet as i rolled my eyes.

"I came to our chambers to tell you we should work on our marriage. I understand our duties as husband and wife... But you wish to kill me, huh?" he said with a scoff.

"I do not wish to kill anyone. I'm looking for answers about something... Something that does not concern you. Answers about my family and myself" i said through gritted teeth. "I find that very hard to believe. I know about your mother and-"

"Don't speak about my mother!" i exclaimed as i took another step towards him. Maegor stood in front of me as he flashed his teeth at Daemon. "Give me the book. Then we can talk about our marriage. If you don't, i'll leave you here with Maegor and grab the book when he's finished with you."

Daemon scoffed. "Your not as boring as i thought you were... For a Hightower at least" he said handing the book to me. I grabbed it from him and sat down on my bed.

I called Maegor off as he reluctantly sat down on the floor, still not taking his eyes off the white haired man. Daemon took a seat on the chair and sighed. "I've been home all of three minutes and i've already been asked fifteen times if you are barren" he said.

"Well think about this from my perspective. You've been home all of three minutes, i've been on my own for almost three years now surrounded by these vultures" i said. "I may have a way to fix this" he said.

I rolled back my shoulders worried about what he was about to say. "Go on then" i mumbled. "I don't love you. You don't love me. Am i right or am i wrong?" he questioned. I scoffed. "Take a guess" i said with a sarcastic smile.

"So... What if you disappeared? Did your witchy shit somewhere else. I'll pay you. All the gold you want. You'll get a decent home in a decent town where there isn't as many criminals compared to kings landing. Join a whore house like your mother for all i care... But you don't return. No one can know you are alive" he said.

My mouth fell open slightly as he spoke. I gulped down my worries so i would not show weakness. Melisandre's words ran through my head.

"Never look down when you feel threatened, child. It makes you look weak. Never be weak. If your weak here, you'll never survive. Keep you head up and look your enemies right in the eyes"

"That wont work" i said as i held my head up high. "My plans always work" he said. "Where would you send me?" i questioned. "Dorne sounds nice. They don't hurt pretty girls in Dorne" he said.

"They hurt girls all over the world" i said. Daemon raised his eyebrows and tilted his head. "You have me there... But in other matters, what would you think? I tell everyone my beloved wife died in a terrible accident whilst you live out your life freely" he said.