Chpt 9: The Wolf Cub

After the maestros stitched up the deep wound in my arm, i was told that i missed a very big argument when i was in the woods.

King Viserys had decided to rename his heir. Instead of Daemon being king when Viserys passes, the crown will go to princess Rhaenyra.

She will be the first Queen of the seven kingdoms. I myself was quite happy with this decision. Rhaenyra would be a wonderful ruler and i would be a horrible Queen.

But Prince Daemon was not so happy. He was so unhappy in fact, the night of our wedding, when we were supposed to consummate our marriage, Daemon left to go into the town.

I'm guessing he was off with some whore. I wasn't sad that we didn't lay together, but i was more upset that he would rather fuck some common whore than his own wife.

It was now a week after our wedding and i was feeling quite lonely. I haven't seen Rhaenyra since the wedding. I presume she is just trying to process the news of her being heir to the throne.

My brother has been busy also. He met a man at my wedding and they have become great friends. His name is Laenor Velaryon if i remember correctly.

And i have not spoken to Alicent for days. I have seen her in the halls of the castle but it seems she is trying to avoid me. But even though i don't have many people to talk to, that does not mean i am alone.

I have my wolf.

He has refused to leave my side since the wedding. He also refuses to let anyone near me, but we are working on that. "We still don't have a name for you, do we?" i said as i stroked the cubs ears.

His piercing red eyes made him look much more scary than he actually was. He was actually very sweet... To me at least.

My brother told me that there is a family up north that has wolves but no one except for that family have one. And none of them bond as quick and me and my cub have.

I got up out of my bed as my cub followed quickly after me. I got changed into one of my many, new luxurious dresses. There are some perks of being married to a prince.

I opened my door and jumped as i saw Rhaenyra standing outside. "I'm sorry... I was about to knock" she said. "It's fine... Do you need something?" i asked.

She paused. "I wanted to speak with you" she said walking past me and into my room. "I feel we have not spoken much since your disastrous wedding."

"I wouldn't say everything was disastrous. You found out you would be queen... And i also found this little one" i said as the cub circled around me. Rhaenyra let out a small laugh.

"Yes... That was quite the show you and your beast put on" she said. "Hey! Don't call him a beast" i said jokingly.

She smiled but it quickly faded. "So... Have you done it then?" she asked as she looked at my bed. "Done what?" i questioned. "'Consummated' your marriage as they say."

I was taken back by her boldness. "Not that's it's any of your business... But no... We haven't" i mumbled. She let out a small sigh of relief.

"Why do you ask?" i questioned. "I just... I don't want you to have the burden of having a child. Especially with Daemon" she said with a small laugh.

"Well, i happen to love the idea of being a mother" i said. Rhaenyra nodded. "You be a great mother" she said looking at the floor.

"Thank you princess... Or queen. I'm not sure what i'm supposed to call you know" i said with a soft smile. "I quite liked it when you called me 'Your highness of dragons'."

"Oh hush! I've told you a thousand times, Florain tricked me! I thought that's what i was supposed to say!" i exclaimed. Rhaenyra laughed hysterically as she walked towards me.