the sun began to shine through the blinds, and I gave up waiting. I went to sleep at that time.

soft yelling woke me up once again. this time I heard garps voice and dadans.

I stood up immediately and threw on a simple soft pink dress and my shoes and ran out of the door. I missed garps so much!

I opened the door to see my mom, dogra and magra looming over garp who was holding a kid with a straw hat.

I immediately ran to her side and hid behind her leg. she turned to look at me and greeted me a goodmorning with a tired sigh.

"garp! I already have my hands filled with two kids! and ace is a pain to take care of!" she complained and dogra agreed, "yeah this isn't a daycare garps!"

he shrugged his shoulders, "you have two choices... either take my grandson or live in prison from now on."

I peeked from my mom's leg a bit more to see them fully.

"oh hey y/n! how are you?" he said with a smile, as if he hadn't just threatened my mom.

I was about to answer him when the strawhat boy beat him to it.

"hey I'm luffy! wanna be friends?!" he said, already in front of me. I squeaked and hid behind my mom but he was insistent so he tried to come closer but dadan pushed him, "back off you snot nosed kid!"

"I just wanna be friends!" he said and garps picked him up by his shirt with a laugh. "y/n is just shy luffy! she'll warm up to you with time.

now dadan do we have a deal here?"

after some "discussing" (garp threatening them) he finally left. luffy began looking around and suddenly he was spat at and I immediately knew who that was.

luffy started yelling at ace but he just ignored him and walked right past him.

when he walked past me to reach the door he didn't even spare me a glance. I frowned, did my words really hurt him that he'll ignore me this much?

dadan sighed and went inside after patting my head and I was left alone with the boy. he was about to say something but I just ran inside.

"man what a weirdo..." I heard him say.

it's lunch time and ace brought home some meat as usual. I don't go and hunt but I'm still allowed a fair share as I act as the doctor of the gang because I have the most medical knowledge.

I sat opposite of ace and ate my food staring at him but he avoided my gaze.
luffy entered the room and demanded food but everything was eaten before he could take anything. he frowned and ate his small bowl of rice in just 1 bite.

"in this place you gotta work to get food! otherwise all you'll get is water and rice per day! ace is allowed more than you since he's the one that brought home the meat." dadan said as she ate her food.

I felt bad for luffy so I slowly walked toward him and tapped him on the shoulder. he turned around to face me and I gave him some of my meat wordlessly. his face immediately lit up, "thanks y/n!" and the meat was gone before I could blink.

my face turned pink and I shook my head and fast-walked out of the house, I was going to catch ace before he left so I can talk to him.

luffy followed me out, "hey wait up! let's be friends!"

I turned around and saw him already in front of me with his wide smile again, "you're very nice, your name is y/n right?"

I nodded and looked away but he moved so he would be in my field of vision again, "why are you avoiding looking at me so much? thats super weird!"