chapter nineteen.

S K E P P Y

i was happy. i am happy. today has been such a good day with bad. we went out, got breakfast. then i took him to a shop to buy him some fidget toys, then we went home and snuggled up on the couch. we ate pizza and watched a movie for about two hours, and now we were both sitting in bad's bedroom. he was clicking away on his pc while i was sitting on his bed scrolling through twitter.

well actually, that was just my cover story. when in reality, i was just watching him. not in a creepy way, or at least i hope its not creepy. i just like watching him. i like watching the things he does, how he acts and how he carries himself. something about it is satisfying to me.

how he bites the tip of his tongue when he's concentrating, or when he lets out huffs of annoyance when something doesn't go his way. how his eyes furrow at the screen in interest, how his hair lays perfectly on his back.

fucking hell he's hot.

"skeppy? SKEPPY! SKEPPYYYY!" bad's voice suddenly erupted in my ears and i flinched back in surprise.
"gosh— what?" i said, rubbing my head.
"i've been calling your name for the past five minutes." he said, and i stifled an awkward laugh.
"oops." i giggled.

"whatever muffin, do you wanna play bedwars?" he asked, motioning to his pc.
"no, i'm tired. i wanna sleep." i said, and then glanced over to the clock in the corner of his room. it was only about 9pm, but i was honestly exhausted. simping over my best friend takes a lot of energy.

"then go to sleep."
"ok." and then i flopped backwards on his bed, lying carelessly like a starfish.
"i didn't mean there! this is my room, go to your own!" he groaned, and i rolled my eyes.
"why can't i sleep here?" i huffed, not wanting to get up.
"what like— like overnight?" he asked, and i sat up at his specific tone of voice.

"you know what— never mind i'll go to my room." well this suddenly got really awkward.
"wha no skeppy, you can sleep here its fine." he said, standing up and swiftly walking infront of the door.
"bad—" i laughed at him protecting the door. "if you want me to go, i can go."
"no i want you to stay." he mumbled, looking at his shoes.

my heart thumped in my chest. did he really just say that? i could feel my cheeks going pink with blush, but just giggled the comment off. "okay then." i said sarcastically, and made my way back to his bed. i lay back down, letting out calm breaths to try go back to my original skin colour, instead of bright red.

i closed my eyes, i was so tired. i didn't care that i was still in my joggers and everyday tshirt, i just wanted to to go sleep. my thoughts slowly started to calm down, but then in an instant they came back. i could hear the bed sheets rustling besides me, "budge up." bad whispered. i smiled, and shuffled over on the bed, then getting under the covers. i heard bad lie besides me, his breath slowly exiting his mouth.

we lay down, side by side in silence for awhile. until what felt like an eternity, bad moved closer. he shuffled his waist closer to mine, and they were then touching. i smiled.

i lifted my arm above his head, and moved him closer to me. this left him cuddling into my side. it was lovely. he was lovely.