seventeen.

Chicago Illinois • Mercy University Hospital • September 20th 2020

Anthony used all the strength he had to pull himself out of the hospital bed and into his wheelchair.

He grabbed ahold of the armrests of the wheelchair twisting his body completely to sit, wincing as his elbows hit the metal framing it.

It was around five a.m, he had therapy four hours from now, and they told him to get as much rest as he possibly could but something was keeping him awake.

Anthony had asked Durk to bring him thing's from their shared apartment, including sudoku because for some reason that's the only thing that was keeping him entertained nowadays. He'd been awake for a total of twelve hours now and was starting to see little black splotches in his vision.

Sleep was starting to become harder and harder, at first they diagnosed him with insomnia and then sleep apnea from an incident a couple nights ago.

The diagnosis' kept on coming, first it'd be this then it was this from that to that. He had stopped trying to get better, instead just living out his days until he couldn't. Daivon had been trying to get in contact with him for about a week and a half now, he'd always tell him he was okay but just wanted rest, Durk had to be the one to tell him he was still in the hospital, Anthony couldn't see the look of defeat and guilt on his face anymore. Anthony kept telling Von it wasn't his fault, he had nothing to do with it, but he continued to beat himself up about it.

Every three hours a nurse would come into his hospital room to check on him, she'd always fiddle with his IV but he didn't pay too much attention to it. Here she was again, wheeling him back towards his bed and helping him in.

"Remember Anthony you have therapy in about four hours so I need you to take a little nap for me or just rest. If you are tired you'll be frustrated more than usual during it." Julieta, his nurse informed, covering Anthony with the blanket atop the small bed after checking on him.

Julieta pulled the small syringe slowly from the IV tube as steady as she could, instead of administering the full seven millimeters of Vecuronium.

She wiped the stray tears falling from her eyes watching as Anthony's started to get lower and lower by the second.

ʚĭɞ

ʚĭɞ

ʚĭɞ

After pulling the covers, sheets, and pillows off her bed, Sayanni tossed the new comforter set on the bare mattress, still in its packaging. It was pink.

Every single thing it came with was pink, she had found a few black and pink accent pillows to add as well.

Sayanni folded up the old comforter set, carrying it to the closet in the living room where the washer and dryer were set.

The baby monitor in the living room began to blink signaling that Harmoni had just woken up. Pulling her phone out of the sports bra she had on, Sayanni opened the mommy monitor app on the camera set up in Harmoni's nursery displaying Harmoni popping her head up from inside the crib.

Sayanni smiled walking back into her room and putting the new comforter and sheets on. Harmoni still didn't sleep through the night and she always got up extremely early and stayed up. Sayanni continued into her kitchen, moving to the fridge and pulling out one of Harmoni's pre-made bottles, eggs, sausage, and a box of grits from the pantry next to the fridge.

She checked Harmoni's camera again making sure she was still asleep which she wasn't sadly.

Sighing she walked into Harmoni's nursery moving towards the blinds and opening them, to let some sun in.

"Hi my little dooda," Sayanni exclaimed walking towards Harmoni's crib. Harmoni smiled with all her gums making grabby hands towards her mother. "Your friends coming over later and you get to scoot all around the house if you want to," Sayanni continued making conversation with her like she'd respond.

Sitting Harmoni into her high chair and strapping her in, she placed the tray back into its place snapping it in. Moving back towards the counter to slice her banana grabbing one of her divider plates from the cabinets.

She grabbed one of the deep pots from underneath the sink filling it a quarter-half of the way with water, placing the pot on the red eye on the stove, pouring the instant grits into the water once after adding salt, pepper, butter, and a little bit of chicken broth. Singing along to the nursery rhyme playing through the speaker of her phone.

Sayanni grabbed one of her many cutting boards from it's drawer, opening the pack of kielbasa sausage and slicing it into chucks before placing them on a baking tray with a sheet of foil.

Harmoni began crying flailing her arms because her show had stopped. Sayanni's ringtone filling the air, setting the knife in her hand down and grabbing the towel hanging off of the stove, she wiped her hands grabbing the phone from her daughter's sticky fingers before she could throw it.

A smile instantly spread across her face once she read the contact name.

"Hello?"

"Hey mama, whatchu doing right now?" Daivon asked a smile spreading across his face after hearing her voice.

"Making breakfast. I thought you was coming over?" Sayanni questioned, a pout on her face.

He was supposed to come over last night and stay the night since she had just picked up Harmoni and he wanted to see her. He came and saw her more than Jeremiah did and from the outside looking in you'd think he was her father.

"I know baby, had got caught up wit something before I left, I meant to call you but it was real late by da' time I got finished, but I'm on my way now" He replied with a sigh.

"it's okay baby, just make it here safe please," Sayanni started turning on the living room television putting Harmoni's cartoons on.

"I promise. Save me a plate tho mama, Imma see yall in a little bit." He stated a smile evident in his words, something about her always put a smile on his face whether that be being around her or being in her presence, there was never a dull or unhappy moment with them.

"I'll see you when you get here."

WC: 1085

hello again!

hello again!

good afternoon, morning, night, whatever and wherever your at I hope your day was good or is going good

I'm so sorry about the slow updates I've been burnt the hell out honestly but I'm starting to get my grove back.

hope you enjoyed this chapter please if you have any opinions or anything you want to say at all feel free to comment and make sure you vote.

I love you!!

kisses 💋 - camellaa