six.

Sayanni Janae Wilson | Chicago IL
August 4th, 2020

Sayanni groaned as the cries echoing from the other room finally woke her

Sayanni groaned as the cries echoing from the other room finally woke her. Quickly she got up and walked towards the nursery, picking up her daughter  and pulling her tank top down for Harmoni to eat.

At first, Sayanni was thinking this would be a walk in the park, she seemed to be killing this mom this the first three months. That thought was quickly ripped away from her. She had no time to herself which was expected but not like this, Harmoni needed her at all times, every single day. But really what was she to expect she had a child, a living, breathing, small, and incapable creature that she had to take care of.

Whether she liked it or not responsibility was breaking down her door. Christmas was a blur, Harmoni was now five months old and started to hold her head up when she held her and almost had a crawl already.

Pulling her tank top back up and walking into her room to put Harmoni down in her other crib, pulling the fall guard up before placing a kiss on her daughter's forehead.

She got back into bed trying her best to get at least a little bit of sleep.

Sayanni woke up to clattering and shuffling from outside of her room door. She shot up out of bed looking towards Harmoni's crib,

Panic started to set in when she didn't see her daughter and Sayanni quickly got up, practically leaping from her bed, opening her door ready to fight.

Then quickly calmed down to see Amina in the kitchen washing dishes, Harmoni on the floor scooting about. "Why are you here?" Sayanni spoke up startling Amina causing her to drop the plate she was holding. They both whispered a quiet shit bending to pick up the shards of glass from the floor.

"If you must know I wanted you to go with me to this family thing but you wouldn't answer your phone so I used the key under the mat," Amina stated throwing the rest of the pieces in the thrash and pulling the gloves she had on off. "Still doesn't explain where my child disappeared to." Sayanni mentioned sitting down on the couch.