three.

Daivon Jaamar Bennett | Chicago IL
same day

Daivon waited patiently for the nurse to come back into the hospital room beside his brother's bed, watching the overhead heart monitor steadily move up and down, the beeps of the ventilator oddly calming the tension he felt

Just hours before, they were all hanging out and joking, not one genuine care in the world. Now the one person that cared for him was out for the count, which scared him.

He moves from the stool and onto the small bench in the corner in front of the room's big window, resting his head back and pulling his hand down some more over his eyes, spreading his legs to get comfortable, and shifting the gun on his side.

He started to doze off. The sound of all the machinery and rasping breathing from his brother oddly calmed him to sleep.

4 HOURS BEFORE

4 HOURS BEFORE

Treyvon, Durk, Booka, Daivon, and a few other dudes sat in the sprinter van, passing around a blunt, Durk pouring 1942 into their styrofoam cups and passing them back to the others as he poured them.

Anthony was rambling about a girl who tried to suck his toes and eat his ass, causing everyone to laugh at how he vulgarly spoke about the female.

"Like this bitch was really trynna toss a nigga salad like I do not condone any ass licking in these parts," Anthony stated, his eyes practically jumping from their sockets the way he was widening them to make his point.

"You a clown ass nigga. Was she fine?" Booka asked, putting his arms behind his head and closing his eyes as they smoothly drove across the road.

Anthony pulled his phone from his pocket, scrolling through his camera roll for a picture of the girl. After finding the image, he tossed his phone to Booka, a smirk on his face.

"I woulda let her let her do whatever the hell she wanted to me, ass bout big as the sun," Booka stated, pinching the screen to zoom into the picture.

"Give me my phone nigga," He yelled, snatching the phone from his hands and turning it off, and putting it into his pocket. The van had finally come to a stop. Durk and a few others hopped out, leaving Anthony and Daivon.