xv. desperation

***
instagram

sophadiaz: sophia resist taking mirror pictures in elevators challenge📍 Sevilla, Andalusia

📍 Sevilla, Andalusia

liked by pedri, clarissaadiaz,
laporte, giodelucaaa and others

***

Pedri was in the Cuitat Esportiva of Barcelona, when he remembered something Sophia texted him a couple of weeks ago.

hey, palmero!
well done on advancing past the group stages in the olympics, you've been fantastic 🥲
rosie's first birthday is on the 11th august, I've attached an invite to her bday party.
we'd both love if you came 😊 bring fer too! x

He'd be a fool to not want to go. He was also a fool because he forgot about the party. It was only when Fernando had reminded him, literal minutes before he'd left for training that morning, that this birthday party was still a thing.

In his defence, he was busy.

Since he had returned from Tokyo, with a silver medal losing to Brazil in the finals of the Olympics, all hell had broken loose within Barcelona, and Leo Messi had left the club.

It still didn't feel real.

There was too much politics and too much emotion involved in it all, and the thought of a Barcelona without Messi didn't feel right to anyone, let alone Pedri. He had been one of those to grow up idolising the player, and had been part of the very lucky select few to play with and grow a bond with the Argentine.

Things still had to return as normal, though, because the start of the new LaLiga season was upon Barcelona. Since he was subject to extended international duty, Pedri was one of the final arrivals back to the Cuitat Esportiva.

Anyways. That party. It was tomorrow, and he only just remembered. And he's an entire city away still. Like, it's a ten hour drive. He doesn't know how Sophia does it.

"Dios mio, look who's made an appearance!"

Laughter from the changing room entrance drew Pedri's attention away from the t-shirt he was changing into, the only one in the dressing room till now, turning to his left side.

It was Ansu Fati and Ronald Araújo, and the mere sight of them striding in, mismatched by height, smiles all around, cracked a laugh in him.

Ansu and Ronald were probably two of the players he was closest with. Last season, Pedri was able to bond quite exclusively with them, as well as Francisco Trincão (who had been loaned out in England for the coming season). The special relationship may have been something to do with them all being a similar age, or even just their loveable personalities. They all won their first trophy, the Copa del Rey, together too.

"Cómo te va?" Pedri grins, Ansu the first to embrace to him, Ronald following and slapping a hand to Pedri's back in doing so.

"Very well," Ronald answers the question. "It's good to see you, Pedriño. Seems you've made quite an impression in Europe this summer."