vi. interrogation

***

instagram

sophadiaz: home 🫶tagged: clarissaadiaz📍 Sevilla, Andalusia

sophadiaz: home 🫶
tagged: clarissaadiaz
📍 Sevilla, Andalusia

liked by katherineadams, siramartinezc,
pedri, and others

***

It had been a fairly short visit back home. Fairly. Sophia drove from Barcelona back home to Sevilla not long after Katherine and John hopped on the plane back to Manchester the next day, which ended up being around one in the afternoon that Friday. She got home in time for her baby sister to wake up from her nap, to pick up Matthias from school and subsequently pick up Clarissa from her training at the Real Betis academy. They knew Sophia was coming home, but neither expected her to come pick them up. It had been a bigger surprise for Sophia's dad Vincent, who was told by Maria, Sophia's mother, that his eldest wouldn't be returning till the weekend. Surprise, Vince.

Sophia remained at home for around 10 days, driving home the second Monday that approached. It was nice, because she got to meet some of her mates from high school in amidst her week of relaxing. None of her friends had moved to Barcelona after high school. Most of them stayed in Sevilla, a couple moved to Madrid or Valencia; it was one of the sadder parts about leaving home, because she lost touch with them as she got busy with her own course.

It definitely hit very close to home when Sophia realised all the time she'd miss in seeing her baby sister grow up. It was different with Matthias and Clarissa; he was nine, she was almost seventeen. For the most part she's been there to watch them grow up, and she would continue to do so. Even then, it's different with a baby, because Rosie constantly changed. She went home the spontaneous weekend — to make sure little Rosie won't forget her eldest sibling — but all that time in between still remained, and Sophia did her utmost to make up for it whenever she was home.

It's another thing she's wholeheartedly grateful to Sira for. The Andalusian was always made to feel at home with the Enrique family, whether that was Luis Enrique himself, Sira's mother or her brother, Pacho. It brought the two families—the Enrique's and the Adams-Díaz's—together too. Because Sophia was her parents' firstborn, and anyone who took care of her was near enough family for Sophia's parents.

(It also gave any member of the Enrique clan the rights to join in on any Adams-Díaz family dinners, which happened to fall on the night before she went back to Barcelona. The dinner that celebrated a key member of the Adams-Díaz family—Katherine—winning the Premier League, as well as the end of Sophia's first year at university. And also a good luck celebration, since Luis Enrique and Spain would start playing in World Cup qualifiers in the coming weeks.)

"Hola, cariño," the voice of Luis Enrique filled Sophia's ears. Currently on her break at work, at the supermarket she cashiered at, a half-eaten chicken sandwich on the table in the break room.