Ch. 37 Woof.

When I walked into the kitchen to eat, Alexander inspected me. "You cannot wear that." He stated, I raised a brow, taking a plate, "Why not?" I asked, looking down. "Does it look that bad?" He seemed surprised by my follow up question, "No, of course not. It looks too good." I responded by raising my brow.

     "What?"

    He sighed, handing me a fork. "Too many guys will stare at you, I'm the only guy who should be able to stare at you." I rolled my eyes, and sat down. "That's just unreasonable Alexander." I complained, but I perked up when I ate a little. "How so?" He asked, cocking his head to the side adorably. "Because I can wear what I want, I'm not your slave, nor do I dress to please you. I dress in clothes I want to." I responded easily, Alexander sighed. "But if I see guys staring at you, I'll get jealous." He taunted, I smirked, "What if I want you to get jealous?"

    Alexander raised his smirk and brow at the challenge.

    "Trust me Ms. Jones, you don't want to see me get jealous."

    "And why would that be?"

    "Because then I get frustrated and clingy."

    "But I love your pouty face Allie."

    He let out a small sigh, still smiling as he leaned back, looking at the ceiling with a soft smile, and closed eyes. "I don't think my angry face can exactly be described as a pout." Alexander commented, I could see the little blush in his face. God I loved that nickname. I smiled, "It could be described as a pout, or as a I'm-going-murder-you-and-your-family-and-curse-your-children-and-your-children's-children look; same thing." When I finished describing, I made eye contact with him, he wore a big dorky grin.

    "What, do I have something in my teeth?" I fake bared my teeth at him, and before I could continue to eat his heaven-made pancakes, I looked at him again.

    "Can I please kiss you?"

    I feigned deliberation, "Well..." I trailed, inhaling a sympathetic breath, "I mean... I guess..." I teased. In three swift steps, and was beside me. He knelt down, and pressed his lips against mine. He pulled back, and I smiled up at him. Alexander grinned, and while he leaned down next to me, I kissed his cheek and ruffled his hair affectionately. It seemed to confuse him.

    "You just... ruffled, my hair?"

    I shrugged, a smile playing on my lips. "You remind me of a puppy. I can't help myself sometimes." I answered, sliding past him, since I'd already finished my pancakes, and washed my dishes. Alexander looked dazzled, "You are taking me somewhere right?" He realized he was still in his sleeping clothes. As he changed, I slid into my heels, and fixed my hair, not bothering to put it up.

    When he walked out, I turned to him, and he looked frozen in place. I smirked, "Come on Fido." I teased, that made him blush as he walked over.

    "Woof."

    I chuckled as we stepped outside.

    That day we didn't really do much, but we didn't have to. Being around him made me happy.

    I just wished I could've realized that after that we had the potential to never be happy again.