Ch. 11 Permanent.

Alexander's (Mr. Hollingsworth's) P.O.V.

    When she said she loved me, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest, she said it so casually though, and when she was asleep I sat next to her, and stroked her messy blonde curls. Her grey eyes flashing vividly in my mind. Allie. Only she could call me that, if anyone else did I'd bristle with rage, but when she said it, it made my heart gush. God that's cheesy! I chided myself, looking at her. She'd managed to be important to me, in such short time.    

     Somehow stroking her blonde curls made me calm down. As if every night I could just stroke her hair, but this wasn't permanent, nothing with me ever was. Suddenly she turned over, and I almost cursed before I just realized she was turning her sleep. But she lazily slung her arm over my waist. In her sleep, she doesn't actually know you're sitting next to her, I reminded myself. But my heart raced when she got closer, she was a natural sleep cuddler. I figured that out when she had her head on my lap, and then slowly, somehow, in her sleep, she managed to get me to lay beneath her, and she stayed like that the whole night, not moving the whole time. It was actually really cute, all the other girls I'd been with either left in the morning or slept on the opposite side of the bed.

    I smiled down at her, and prayed this was permanent. I was never much of a prayer. She snuggled closer, and somehow forced me down, so her chin was on my shoulder, her breath was hitting my neck, and it helped relax me. She helped relax me. Like when she calmed me at the cafe slightly by stroking my fist. Everyone else was scared too look at me. I mean she was that way sometimes, but she still tried to calm me, courageous. That's what she was. I stared at her sleeping face. She was just a calming person, and every time I remembered making her cry, I cursed myself.

    Slowly I turned to her, and she kept her arm slung over my waist, we were both fully clothed but somehow I felt more vulnerable than ever. She got even closer, pulling me closer. She was winning this game, but I didn't want it to be a game. I wanted it to be my reality. I surprised myself with this, and slowly I leaned down.

    "Please don't be temporary." I whispered, and I kissed her forehead lightly. I was going to leave but her grip tightened, and she just said one word, "Stay." It vocalized every single thought I was thinking. Stay. When I looked over, she was asleep, she wouldn't remember saying that, but her grip was as tight as iron. Well not really, she had the strength of a flimsy girl with a high fever, but I stayed anyway.

    At her insistence of course.