Ch. 7 Heaven.

When I woke up and saw all the lavish furniture, I legitimately thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Then I remembered fainting in Mr. Hollingsworth's car yesterday, and the pain of being ill fully processed ruining my few moments of bliss. I also realized the couch was moving, then I realized that it wasn't the couch. Slowly, I looked and realized I was sleeping on top of Mr. Hollingsworth. Heat rushed to my cheeks, He was underneath me, his arm wrapped loosely around my waist, my head was resting on his powerful chest, and he was asleep. His brown hair was wavy, some of it fell in front of his eyes, his long lashes cast shadows on his cheeks, his didn't have thick lips, but what he did have was perfect. Mine were just big, awkward, and clunky.

    Suddenly I realized I was ogling his looks, and flushed red, then it fully processed to me, I was sleeping on top of Mr. Hollingsworth, and I was in his apartment, and I spent the night here. I jumped up ten feet in the air, "Mr. Hollingsworth!" I screeched in surprise, his eyes snapped open, but when he saw me freaking out he just grinned in amusement and closed his eyes again. I let out a groan of pain, and sat back down, rubbing my temples. "You're very sick Ms. Jones." He said, still unmoving. "I have to get to work, my other boss, and Ms. Joy will have my hide for this." I complained, trying to get up, the world blurred and I stumbled but balanced myself. I was glad my heels were off, or I'd have just face planted.

    As I stumbled forward I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist, "Nobody is getting anyone's hide while I'm in charge, unless that's me getting Ms. Joy's hide. Which I will get." He said, spinning me around. "Mr. Hollingsworth, you're making me dizzy." I complained, closing my eyes. "Sorry Ms. Jones." He responded, but he was grinning. Not to mention the fact that every time I looked at him my heart would thud in a really irritating way that made me want to make out with him and punch him at the same time. "Ms. Jones, you're staring again." He commented, smirking. "Sorry." I apologized, and slowly I leaned forward, my legs getting weak. My forehead pressed against his chest, but I was staring at the floor. "Is this a hug or are you about to pass out?" He asked, "Both." I teased, there was a pause. "Are you, Ms. Jones, flirting with me?" He asked teasingly, I smiled, knowing he wouldn't see it. "Only if you want." I retort, he chuckled. "It's fun seeing what a horrible fever can do to a modest girl." I snorted, and he pulled my closer, and I felt him whisper, "Or are you not as modest as you seem?"

    My eyes widened as I blushed. "Of course I'm as modest as I seem you idiot, I just thought your observation was funny. Don't flatter yourself." I answered hurridly, "Sorry for being rude." I followed up. I heard him chuckle, "There it goes." He said, but he wasn't moving. "Can you please stop holding me so close Mr. Hollingsworth?" I asked, "So you want me to let go?" He asked playfully, if he did I'd just fall to the floor, and fall asleep. "No." I answered. He chuckled, pulling me even closer. "This better?" He asked breathily. Now my heart wanted to rip free from my chest and do a little tap dance before exploding. "Ms. Jones?" He said my name so flirtatiously, I took a while to form coherent thoughts. "You smell nice Mr. Hollingsworth, what cologne do you use?" Why in hell would I ask that? He laughed, "Are you perhaps blushing Ms. Jones?" He asked slowly, my silence was a definite yes. He started pulling back to look, and so I hung my head.

    "You're too adorable sometimes." That made me blush more. "Damn you." I muttered, not expecting him to hear me, but he boomed with laughter. "I'm tempted to keep you here until after you're sick so I can just embarrass you everyday."

    "Please don't."

    He tilted my chin up, and when he saw my face he smiled. "Can you please help me to the couch instead of holding me here?" I asked, he shook his head, "Now why would I ever do that Ms. Jones?" He taunted, "Because," I answered stubbornly, his eyes were alight with amusement. "Because of what?" He inched closer, and with every inch my heart raced faster. "Is your heart racing?" He asked, reaching for my neck to check my pulse. "I'll give you my germs." I snapped, he raised his brows, "Excuse me?" He retorted playfully, I coughed on him, and he laughed. "You truly wound me." He said, and he helped me onto the couch.

    "Can I please go to work?" I asked after a minute of blissful silence. "Not while you're sick. Pretty sure you have the flu." He answered, and I sighed, "Can I borrow your cellphone, I need to call in sick." He pulled out his expensive phone, and handed it to me, but I just kind of held it and stared at it in awe. He snapped in front of my face, breaking me free on my trance. "Ms. Jones?" He asked, I looked up slowly, he smiled. "You've never seen a touch phone before?" He asked curiously, "I've seen them, but I've never held one. I only ever have enough for pay phones." I answered, looking at it. After a few seconds of silence I looked up again, embarrassed, "I have no idea how to work this." I admitted, he grinned and showed me the on button, and he let me fiddle with it for a while.

    I couldn't help but be a little bitter, but I ignored it. Feelings hurt, focus on the positives Alice, I reminded myself. Then I typed in the number of my waitress job, my boss there was strict but she was pretty chill about me being sick actually, telling me to call her if I needed anything. I sucked in a breath, then I called Ms. Joy. There was one ring and she answered, "Who is this?" She snapped, I closed my eyes, "It's Alice." I held the phone away from my ear, and I saw Mr. Hollingsworth stiffen, because we could both hear her screaming into the phone, shouting profanities, and insults. Slowly I placed it back against my ear. "I have the flu, I can't go in for work for the next couple days." I pulled the phone away as I heard her scream, "UNACCEPTABLE!" Then Mr. Hollingsworth took the phone from my grasp.

    "Excuse me for interrupting Linda," He said, and with those five words she went completely silent. He sounded so business like, "Yes sir?" Her voice was hoarse from screaming at me. "I ran into Ms. Jones here on the way to work, and she politely asked me to borrow the cell to call in sick. I had no idea you were in charge of when her sick days are and when she should use them, should I double check your contract? Because I think you're over stepping your authority." He was so composed and fluid. There was a pause and I heard a muffled, "No sir."

    "Alice appears to be very ill, and  your blind mistreatment will make her condition worse so if you could please give two weeks off." He said please, but it wasn't a question it was an order. "Yes sir." He smiled, "If I ever find out you are talking to her this way again, I will have you fired and sue you for verbal harassment, until you only have one penny left to stare at, and wonder why you were ever so rude." He added before hanging up abruptly. I was staring at him wide eyes. "I couldn't help myself after hearing that first hand." He said, tucking his phone into his pocket, it vibrated, but he ignored. He was clearly mad again. He was so tense it looked like he was prepared to tackle someone.

    Despite my weak state I rested a hand on his shoulder, an odd shudder went through him, "Mr. Hollingsworth, please don't be mad." He looked at me with a clenched jaw, and I wondered why he got so worked up for me. "Do you need a hug Mr. Hollingsworth?" I asked, I was shutting down right now. He smiled, "Are you tired Ms. Jones?" He asked, whenever I was tired I tended to act drunk and speak whatever was on my mind. "Answer my question first Mr. CEO." I retorted, he smiled, "Yes I think a hug would help." I leaned over, and wrapped my arms around him, "Better?" I asked, he chuckled pulling out his phone and checking it. "Despite how much I want to just sit like this, I have to go to work." I moved so he could get up. "Also when I'm gone Ms. Jones, if you don't change out of those clothes into something more comfortable I'm going to be very mad at you." I'm pretty sure I made the face equivalent of a scolded puppy. He smiled at me, "You have a cute pouty face Ms. Jones, but I'm not changing my mind." He retorted, I sighed, "Oh, and don't think about sneaking out, you're staying here until you're better." He added, and I was even more defeated, "I didn't bring clothes." I murmured, he smiled, "Borrow some of mine then. I have to go, and if I don't see you change when I'm back I'm going to take you shopping, so you feel horribly guilty." My eyes widened as I nearly shot off the couch to go change. "Not so fast." He steadied me, and sat me back down, then left.

    I stared after him feeling a mind numbing head ache coming on, my chest hurt from my heart throbbing, and I was just very confused as my tired mind tried to process everything that just happened.

    What.

    The.

    Fuck?