XXIX -Jeremiah Fucking Kissed You?

See you face to face, I'm thinking 'bout the days we used to be,
But I can't make a scene, but I can't make a scene,
See you face to face, I'm thinking 'bout the days we used to be,
But I can't make a scene, but I can't make it seem
-Giveon

☆Theme Song: Like I Want You by Giveon☆

Xosha's POV

October moved in silence and the week was already seeming to come to an end. The students of Jean Davis, including me, all wore tired faces; it was test week. Although there was still room for other extracurricular activities, the idea of sitting on our desks for minutes while being assessed, sounded rather draining.

"What do you think you're gonna get on the French test we had yesterday?" Azure asked me.

I sat beside her, on Jeremiah's seat.

I laid back on the head rest, wishing I could completely sink into the soft cushion. It was about 7am on the dot and the classroom was so vacant, you could handpick the students present. Jeremiah hadn't arrived yet, giving me the opportunity to occupy his seat as I discussed with my friend.

"Umm...I'm gonna place all my money on an eighty-five"

Azure nodded, "Fair. I think I'm gonna get sixty"

"Can't be that bad"

Azure nibbled on the tip of her mechanical pencil before she spoke, "Dawn doesn't come early, like she used to"

"Yeah...she takes evening classes for her IELTS exam...I don't know, I guess it kinda messed up with her sleep schedule" I joked, "Maybe she can't get up from her bed anymore"

Azure giggled lightly, "I wish her all the best though. She deserves it"

"She does" I muttered.

Dawn and I hadn't yet reconciled, but we weren't steady either. We exchanged a few words here and there, but I could feel the tension between us. Plus, she got so busy with her IELTS preparation as well as Vincent, so I couldn't be sure if she was avoiding me, or life played a role in the distance between us. My mom had it in mind that I'd be staying over at her place tonight. Unfortunately, I'd be going straight home after school. I didn't want to force anything.

"So...." Azure sang as she turned all her attention towards me, "I noticed my favourite ship is sinking"

I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling a wrench in my gut. I definitely knew where she was heading to.

"Come on, Xosha!" She whined, "What's happening?"

"Why do you care?" I asked, giggling and biting on my lip.

Adjusting myself on his seat, I tried my best to block out the memories that began to flash in my mind. I made it clear to myself after my birthday, that I'd forget him completely. He didn't attempt to talk to me, and I was too scared to approach him. So, I let it be. My heart almost forgot about him, that is until Azure opened her mouth.

"Because, I can" She chirped, flipping her dark hair, "Okay. Tell me. What's going on?"

I sighed, "Nothing, really. We just aren't on speaking terms"

She reduced her voice to a whisper, "Did he like, do something despicable to you? You know, anything extremely arrogant?"

I shook my head, "No. Not really. We just stopped talking. And I don't care so, you can stop it with the questions"

She kept a pout and clicked her tongue, "Fine. Since you don't want to say anything, I'll just ask him myself when we're studying together"

Like a rush of boiling water, jealousy found its way through my veins. I gave her a glance as she bobbed her head, running her eyes through her phone screen. What did she mean by that? Why were they studying together?