742~743~744

Depuis le début

Chapter 743: You’re Pampering Her Too Much

"Keep going!" Mina whipped the backside of Hoseok’s horse.

After a lap, Mina won by reaching the finishing line first.

Hoseok looked dejected. "Hey, can’t you cut me some slack?"

Jeon Xinyan welcomed her, looking at Mina admirably. "Sis Mina, you’re amazing! How do you know so many things and how do you do better than most people? Even better than the men! The only extraordinary person I know aside from my cousin is you!"

Jeon Xinyan then glanced distastefully at Lisa who was in Jungkook’s arms. She wrinkled her nose, comparing the scene in front of her to a high-grade cabbage being hogged by a pig. "You should be the perfect partner for my cousin! I wonder if he’s blind! I never thought he’d be as shallow as the other men! How could he be tricked by a woman like this?"

Mina stayed silent after she heard Jeon Xinyan’s words, her expression turning frosty. The people around started whispering, apparently agreeing with Jeon Xinyan’s words. Jeon Xinyan was Jungkook’s cousin, so she could say all she wanted, but the others could only agree in silence without voicing their opinions.

The woman that Jungkook liked was terribly disappointing…

If he were to select a woman that was worthy of him, the woman would definitely be Mina.

Mina was childhood friends with Jungkook and Hoseok. They had grown up together and their family were friends with each other. She was someone of Jungkook’s calibre and many young talented men were fond of her.

However, she was only friendly towards Jungkook and Hoseok. Her personality matched with that of Jungkook’s; they were the proud perfectionists of their league.

When everyone thought she was going to be together with Jungkook, the unexpected had happened. Her family business had a change in direction, leading to them all migrating overseas seven years ago. After impressing everyone with her abilities and beauty, she just vanished.

Over these years, the Lim family’s business got bigger and better and it was not unusual to hear about the legend of Mina. With a Masters degree in Business and Administration at such a young age, her abilities were on par with Jungkook's.

Due to her parents' old age and them pining for their home, they decided to move back, so naturally, Mina followed.

Everyone thought that with Mina’s return, Jungkook would be together with her soon.

Both of them were single and were at the ripe age of marriage. Not to mention, their personalities matched and they looked good together.

Some people even thought that Jungkook had stayed single just to wait for Mina’s return…

Who would have expected this plot twist? A little bunn had snatched Jungkook away!

Everyone’s jaws dropped! Their relationship was such a sudden joke!

What was more surprising was that according to Hoseok, she seemed to be a small celebrity!

After they were done riding, Jungkook helped Lisa get down. He did not let her walk. Instead, he held her in his arms until they reached the resting area to avoid her from falling when walking in the soft snow.

"Why can’t you let her walk? You’re pampering her too much!" Jeon Xinyan complained.

Jungkook carefully put Lisa on a chair, then poured a glass of hot milk and blew over it to cool it down slightly before extending it to her. "Be careful, it’s hot."

Jeon Xinyan’s expression darkened.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Chapter 744: I Love You, Like How The Fish Loves The Sea, Like How The Birds Love The Forest

Everyone else averted their gazes and coughed lightly.

What a rare sight! Jungkook had always been known for being cold and heartless, but that was only because he had not met anyone who could melt his heart before!

Their curiosity was piqued. What power did this little bunny possess that could have charmed Jungkook to this extent!?

Lisa realized that everyone was staring at her. She also felt a particularly cold gaze on her…

Lisa glanced at Mina, then she asked Jungkook with her index finger to her chin in contemplation, "What’s your relationship to Mina?"

"Our family was close when we were little. We sort of grew up together," Jungkook answered honestly without hiding anything.

Lisa purposely drawled, "Oh...so the both of you are childhood friends?"

Jungkook nodded. "I guess."

Lisa pouted in anger. "Hey, Jungkook! I’m being jealous right now, can't you tell? Why aren’t you saying anything else!?"

Jungkook was surprised. "You’re...jealous?"

"Of course! Your friends and your little cousin, they all think that Mina is a better match for you. They feel that you’re like an exotic flower being paired with bullsh*t like me!" Lisa grumbled.

She had forgotten but now she remembered who exactly Mina was.

The Lim and the Jeons were considered prestigious families in Imperial, but due to some issues with their business, the Lim had to focus on the overseas market. Nevertheless, their development was growing steadily.

Every rumor about Lim Mina revolved around her beauty and talents; all her ratings were extremely positive. She did match Jungkook well.

Jungkook was taken in by Lisa’s jealousy and he looked her in the eye with an amused expression. "How could you say that? To me, you’re the sea, you’re the forest."

Lisa tilted her head sideways in confusion. "Why?"

Jungkook looked at her like she was the star in the skies, he told her quietly, "I love you, like how the fish loves the sea, like how the birds love the forest. There’s no use escaping, it’s unavoidable."

At that moment, an impressive display of fireworks went off in Lisa’s mind…

His flirtatious words...were simply tugging on her heart strings!

Suddenly, there was a loud crash as Mina’s teacup fell on the floor.

Jeon Xinyan quickly asked, "What’s wrong, Sis Mina?"

Mina’s face went pale and she shook her head. "It’s nothing."

The others could not hear what Jungkook and Lisa were saying at that distance. But she could read lips and she had been looking at them.

Like how the fish loves the sea, like how the birds love the forest. Jungkook had actually said such lines to a woman...

Hoseok did not realize what had happened, so he went up to Jungkook and Lisa after some rest. "Hey, Jungkook, we are about to go to the shooting range. Are you joining us?"

Shooting! Guns! Guns!!!

Lisa’s eyes were shining like a 500 watt light bulb. She could not ride because her leg was injured! But for shooting, she only needed her hands!

"Alright, I know. I shouldn’t have asked you!" Hoseok turned to Lisa to ask, "Little bunny, do you want to go?"

Lisa nodded her head like a woodpecker making a hole in a tree as she pulled on Jungkook’s sleeves. "My dear Master, may I pleeease go?"

"Yes."