Annoy Him Back To Health

Start from the beginning

Someone had videoed it. Put it on World Star Hip-Hop and now I was all over the blogs.

I had embarrassed myself, my business brand and August.

"No." I just decided to laugh at myself. Not being able to wait till all this shit was in the past.

I slowly followed Ms. Shelia to Aug's room. We stopped before going in, and looked at him through the glass.

"Why did he lie to me?" I softly hit my head, sobbing against the glass. Aug's eyes were closed and he was hooked up to a dialysis machine, through a tube in his stomach.

"He lied to us all. I told him he putting money first, but there won't be no money if his ass is dead."

"I could've prevented this. I told him I wanted to take care of him."

"August is as stubborn as a mule Jazmine. Been like that since he was born. Doctor's say his due date was August 27. His eraser head behind said "nah mama I'mma make you suffer with me in your belly until September 3. I knew at that moment, August wasn't going to listen to NOBODY but August."

I smiled at that story.

"He's one of those people that God can only teach through experience. Some of us, God say, don't touch that, that fire is hot. Just based off of that we won't touch it. August be like, I want to touch it for myself." She laughed. "But God only does enough to teach him. Not kill him."

There was a silence as I reflected on her words. I remembered August saying something like that on his Hot 97 interview after his coma. That drastic shit had to happen in his life for him to learn. I wondered what was the lesson for him in this?

"Is he conscious?" I looked over at her, then stared back at August. My hands rested on the glass.

"Yes. He's just resting. The dialysis is draining all his little energy. He's tired. The doctor said he needs to get a transplant as soon as possible because he let his kidneys get so low. Me, Boobie, T and D took the test to see if we were a match. We waiting to hear."

"I want to take it."

"Naw,  I believe one of us will be a match. If not, you can do it. But in the meantime, all I want you to do is not cuss him out like I know you want to. And trust me when he get 100% we both giving his ass a verbal thrashing. But right now, just support him and love him through his stubbornness. I'm going to find Boobie, nem'. Give y'all some time alone."

"Okay." She gave me one last hug then left.

I took a minute to gather myself I didn't want to stress him so I calmed myself down then proceeded in. He was ALIVE that's all I needed to calm me really.

I quietly opened the door and closed it. Then i slowly made my way to the bed.