Late Night Fights

Start from the beginning

I was quiet.

"He loves you. And I'm sure if this keeps up, it won't be too long until I get my ass fried, too." He said in the same carefree tone he always has.

"If he loves me, why'd he whoop me?" I asked angrily.

"'Cause he don't know what else to do. He tries. That's all that matters." He mumbled.

"I guess." I mumbled.

"If he didn't care, he wouldn't try. He'd let us run wild or stick us in a boys home. But he can't just be our big brother anymore Pony, he's our parent now." Soda said seriously.

"Okay." I nodded. That's the most serious I've heard him in a long while.

"Okay." He nodded back, "get some sleep honey. You must be tired."

"G'night Soda." I mumbled.

"Night Pones."

I woke up the next morning to shouting.

I jump outta bed and raced to the hallway to listen.

"I'm just saying you didn't need to whoop him so bad for being late!" Soda shouted.

"I don't need my kid brother telling me what to do with my other kid brother." Darry barked.

Soda huffed.

"It's not just being late. He went missing. Not even 24 hours after he got jumped! I know you don't like it, Pepsi, I don't either but I had to do something." Darry says seriously.

"He showed up." Soda argued weakly.

"He did. Hours after he was supposed to. I'm not staying up all hours of the night worrying and hoping he comes home. He has to learn. And so do you." Darry sighed.

"Me?! What did I do?" Soda asked.

"Questioned my authority. I'm the parent, not you. I make the decisions, not you. And I handle the punishments, NOT you." Darry barked.

"I'm sorry." Soda said quietly.

Darry sighed.

"I don't want to argue, little buddy. I just need you to trust me to be the adult."

"Okay. I trust you." Sod agreed.

"Thank you. Now if only I could Pony to trust me." Darry sighed.

I figured now was as good as time as any to get involved.

It became clear to me that what Soda and Two-bit were trying to tell me was true. Darry did care.

"I- I trust you." I mumbled, stepping into the kitchen.

"Hey Pony, how long have you been up?" Soda asks.

I shrugged, "not too long. I heard y'all hollerin'."

Soda winced.

"Sorry, kiddo." Darry gave a sad smile.

"I'm sorry... about last night. I'll be more careful." I apologized.

"I appreciate that, little buddy." Darry said gently, with a real smile this time.

"How's your butt?" Soda joked.

"Sore." I groaned.

Darry turned back to the bacon he was frying, and Soda and I had one of our silent conversations.

I slowly scooted my way over to Darry and wrapped my arms around his waist. He immediately turned around and pulled me into a much better hug, the one I wanted last night.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"It's alright." He said firmly. He sounded so sure, I had to believe him. We'd be alright.

We'd always be alright.

••••••

A/n

I know not many of you cone to my page for fanfics but...this one was a request and since I love the outsiders I thought I'd take a crack at a spankfic for these characters.

Of course I do not own the outsiders or the characters. All rights go to S.E. Hinton. And the quotes from the movie we're only for this chapter. No need for copyright!

Anyway, I do not intend on following the plot to a T, as my heart simply cannot take it.

I'm taking inspiration from a VERY well written outsiders spankfic on Ao3 titled "Alive and out of Jail"

I would highly recommend giving it a read.

But if you enjoy the outsiders, and maybe my original works, I'd say give this book a shot!!

Let me know what you think, if I should continue it, and any chapter requests you might have.

Thanks for reading!

With love,

                         《Doodle》