Chapter Twenty Four

"See him down there? He's in trouble, what's your plan?" Peter and Kat sat pledged over a side of the ship that led to a lower floor. Tony stood behind them, waiting for them to come up with something to do.

"Remind me why I'm chasing a wizard?"

"Kat stop, I'm trying to think. Okay. Yeah, that'll work." He stood, turning his attention to Tony. "Did you ever use this really old movie, Aliens?"

"You've got to be kidding me." Tony dragged his hand down his face, sighing. "What does that have to do with anything? The movie isn't even that- oh, oh I see."

Peter smiled in triumph, pulling his mask over his face and dragging Kat away by her hand. The two watched as Tony flew to the floor below, waiting for Squidward to notice them.

"Painful, aren't they? They were originally designed for microsurgery and any one of them-" he turned around, hearing a thud behind him. "-could end your friend's life in an instant."

"I gotta tell you, he's not really my friend. Saving his life is more of a professional courtesy."

"You've saved nothing." Squidward walked forward, facing Tony. "Your powers are inconsequential compared to mine."

Tony sighed. He hated to admit it, but Peter was right. "Yeah, but the kid's seen more movies." He shot a blast at one of the far walls, which sucked Squidward out into the force of space.

But, the plan wasn't complete. The wizard flew down with him, his cape trying to catch him but inevitably failing. Peter shot out webs, one catching onto the wizard's back and holding him from going into the vacuum of space.

"Kat, a little help here?" Kat jumped up, holding her arms out in front of her. She tried to figure out how the suit worked and what made things happen, but it was a process of trial and error. Her first error was accidentally shooting out a widow bite, which landed on the wizard and sent a volt of electricity through him.

"Sorry." Kat cringed, watching as Peter found his way back into the ship with Tony sealing the hole that was opened in it.

The wizard stood, throwing the widow bite off of him. "Why is this teenager trying to kill me?"

"It was an accident, I swear!"

The wizard waved her off, shrugging. "We gotta turn this ship around.

"Yeah, now he wants to run. Great plan." Tony's suit retracted, leaving him in the clothes he was wearing before.

"No, I want to protect the stone."

"And I want you to thank me. Now, go ahead. I'm listening."

"For what? Nearly blaming me into space?"

Tony turned from where he was facing a window into space, fuming. "Who just saved your magical ass? Me."

"I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet." Kat snickered, but Peter gripped her arm to get her to shut up.

"Admit it, you should've ducked out when I told you to. I tried to bench you, but you refused."

"Unlike everyone else in your life, I don't work for you."

"And due to that fact, we're now in flying doughnut billions of miles from Earth with no backup."

"We're backup." Peter raised his hand, trying to refer to him and Kat.

"No, you're a stowaway. The adults are talking."

"I'm sorry, I'm confused as to the relationship here. What are they, your wards?"

"What? No. She's Kat, I'm Peter. By the way."

"Doctor Strange."

"Oh, you're using our made-up names. Um... I'm Spider-Man, then."

Doctor Strange looked at the two with a skeptical glance before walking away. Kat sighed, dragging Peter aside. "Wait, where are we going?"

Kat dragged the two into a corner, far away so neither Tony nor Doctor Strange could hear them. "Peter, I think he's an actual doctor."

"Wait... oh no, you're right. What did I just do?"

"I don't know, just don't do it again."

Kat went to join back into the conversation with Tony and the doctor, but Peter grabbed her arm. "Stay. Please."

"Okay..." Kat sat down beside Peter, resting her head on his shoulder. "What do you want to talk about?"

"What's it like having parents? I know you don't have the best judgment of it, but I've never met mine, so I could use a little bit of reassurance."

Kat pursued her lips. "It's nice. It's really nice. They try to support you the best they can and make sure you don't get into trouble. They try to make sure you don't break the rules but can have some leeway if you do something outstanding. It's very different, I suppose. You don't know what it's like until you've had them."

Peter smiled and nodded. Even while he was trying to listen to what Kat was saying, he couldn't help his gaze from landing on her lips. When Kat caught sight of this, she grasped onto his hand. "Parker, what are you-"

As soon as Peter's eyes met hers, Kat shut up. The piercing brown in them was enough to make her hold her breath. "I've never done something like this, so can you cut me some slack?"

Peter touched the back up Kat's neck, pulling her close to him. Their lips met just for a second, and even if it wasn't perfect, it was going to mean everything to them.

Peter was the first to pull back, his face matching the color of Kat's hair. He couldn't hold back a grin as he held Kat at arm's length.

Kat didn't know how to feel. Sure, she had never kissed someone before, and the sensation on her lips was certainly odd. But at the same time, it was quite thrilling.

Kat pulled Peter back towards her, their lips meeting once again. Neither could say that they were expecting this, but they couldn't stop now. It was just too epic to waste.

"Parker, Romanoff, what the hell are you doing?" Kat and Peter paused, their faces turning bright red at the sight of Tony standing in front of them. "That's disgusting, you're becoming like me. Get your hands off each other before I regret what I'm about to do."

Peter and Kat unhooked themselves from each other, trying to mask their embarrassment. "What did you need, Stark?"

Tony sighed, placing one hand on each of their shoulders. "You're Avengers now. Don't make me regret myself."

He walked away, hesitant to leave the two alone. Peter couldn't hold back his grin at the idea of being an Avenger. "Celebratory kiss?"

Kat met her lips to his, smiling. "Don't push it, Parker."