Ace tapped the pockets of his sweatpants to make sure that he had everything, before walking to the door.

"Have a good night, asshole!" She yelled out at him.

XXX

[ 8:47 PM ]
The Valentine Residence

Leaning on the door of his new Maserati MC20, Ace lifted his head and blew out smoke into the night sky

He scrolled through notifications, sucking his teeth when he opened the email that had just come in.

Crescent Inn, was making him aware that there would be additional charges on his credit card due to extensive damages done to the room.

"Man, what the fuck..." He cursed, regretting his decision from earlier even more. "Stupid bitch."

He annoyingly tucked the phone into his back jean pocket and pressed the finished blunt into the gravel with his shoe.

Taking a deep breath to prepare himself, he made his way up the steps and unlocked the door to his childhood home.

As he walked into the living room, he saw his younger brother sprawled out on the couch, zoned in on his phone that was connected to a Backbone One.

"Ay, G." Ace greeted, snapping him out of the video game trance.

Grant lifted his head and hopped up, smiling, "Wussup, Ace?"

"You good?" Ace asked as they did their handshake, his eyes scanning the rest of the room. "Where yo' sister at?"

"I'm straight. She in the kitchen with Moms." He pushed his glasses up. "You good? Didn't think you were coming again."

"Shit, me either." Ace shrugged. "How was school last week?"

"You know me." Grant dusted his shoulders off. "Top of all my classes and shit."

Grant Valentine was very smart. T.J. Henderson from 'Smart Guy', smart. Though he excelled in every subject, his main interests were in technology and literature.

He was recognized as a child prodigy at his esteemed private school, and developed his own successful tutoring program. There were a lot of colleges and universities that were already eyeing him— overlooking the fact that he had two whole years to go before then.

Ace chuckled and wrapped an arm around his shoulders, "Just stay focused, aight? I'on need you slackin' off."

"Nah, never."

"Good." Ace narrowed his eyes. "Heard you got a girl now?"

"Pffft..." Grant looked away and scratched the back of his neck. "Nah..."

This nigga.

"Uh-huh. What's shorty's name?"

"Soraya." He admitted with a shy smile. "We just kickin' it."