25. A Magi Visit

Claude had been impatient these days. 

Due to the heat of Sindria being located to the sea, the warm air no longer gave comfort to the Obelian emperor's afternoon nap. Compared to the cozy air under the shade of his own palace, this place just doesn't hold a candle for both pretige and temperature. He confessed once to his youngest daughter that Obelia's temperature is really better... for napping purposes, of course.

Y/n simply scoffed at her heat-sensitive father's thought and told him to go back first. She was still learning some things from Yunan so it might take another month or two.

But since Claude was there to take his daughter home, he didn't go and endured the 24/7 sea side heat. Y/n din't know whether to be happy about this or not. First, this is touching. Second, this is also out of her plan. She wanted to travel on her own, but didn't have the heart to tell his father who came all the way to the seven seas just to escort her home safe and sound.

Okay, now what?

Y/n sighed.

Let it be, let it be. She'll be grand duchess soon. Till then, she can do whatever she wants. But when?

The girl wondered through a deep frown. The king is still very strong, he still didn't have to pass the throne, it's also as impossible to pass on a title. The only way she could earn it is if his father permits, pass on the edict and done! 

However, Claude has been saying recently... "You're still young." In every possible argument he could add the accursed words.

Oh is she? If being honest, people her age would have been assigned with a fiancé. Possibly married to a neighboring kingdom or something. But thank goodness that isn't the case... although in most special case, it's the only way out.

"What's with the long gaze, huh? Thinking of something unlikeable?" Y/n stopped her trail of thoughts as soon as she heard the unfamiliarly familiar voice that asked.

From the balcony, she immediately backed away and saw indeed a familiar face that she had once met in this land. One that she had mistook as Lucas in the middle of the war. "You're the high Priest of Kou, right?" she asked with wonder.

"So the princess still remember me. Great to know." Judar smirked, the look almost similar that that brother-in-law of his. They were the same in both arrogance and confidence for being strong. But after exchanging a few word with this man, she could already tell the big difference. The conversation lead her to understand that this man in front of her is someone who openly endorse blatant evil elements such as wars, violence and criminal acts. While Lucas was merely passive about this idea and would most likely avoid it if not needed or simply it does not involve his love's affairs.

"Yes, I don't tend to forget people with standings and someone who leaves me quite an impression." She replied.

"Oh, then which am I?"

"Both, I guess." She shrugged. "You are both a person with an important position and someone who left me an impression. So congratulations on catching my most prestigious attention, my lord." She said simply, as if playing one of those playboy type of narcissistic noblemen in the empire.

Judar laughed. "Well, same here, princess. Looks like we're on the same set of interest." he sat beside the railings, his puffy hair following the flow of wind.

"Oh, I see." Y/n took her time and took a seat on the chair set on the balcony. Slowly putting an elbow on the table beside her, placed her knuckles on the side of her chin and crossed her legs atop each other with an elegant posture. "So, what bring the great magi of Kou here?" 

"Well, as you've said. It's my curiosity." He raised one hand towards her direction as if the girl sat on his palm. "And now I've gotten even more curious. Princess, are you a Magi?" he asked.