28. Glimpse of the Past

//might be boring since it's mostly flashback narration.... buuuuttt yeah......

.

Going home is one of the things Y/n is looking forward to. As the ship reached the Obelian northern shore, her eyes were glued to the home she had long missed. The bustling and lively noises and the scent of several street amenities.

She glanced at his bored father and then back to the closed window, brushing it aside to welcome the morning light that made her squint her jeweled eyes.

Y/n realized that this is the first time she had an out of town ride with her father who was usually cooped within his palace walls.

"The carriage has been prepared. We're going to pass through the teleportation gate again after half an hour, then it'll take us another week to reach the empire's capital." Claude explained.

Y/n nodded in affirmation with a light hum.

"After this a research will be conducted of how we can prevent any harm from your body after becoming a magi."

The girl blinked twice and realized that her father was right. Indeed, she's now a magi, a being that is loved by the ruhks which are a typical thing in the other continents except the empire of Obelia.

Obelia does not lack a library. Overseas books can be read in the imperial palace or the seaside where several ethnic and foreign groups gather for trades. And the idea of Y/n's well-being are to be discussed with the whole family. Athy is smart too and can help her with search when she's not busy.

Y/n had a lot of people she can rely on.

"Before that, can we stop by shops?" Y/n asked, looking at the emperor who sat lazily on the other side of the carriage.

The older blonde turned to her, looking curious.

"I want to at least see our glorious empire to some extent." The girl replied with a look of wonder in her face, looking out the ajar curtains.

Claude sighed, peeked through the curtain of his carriage and called onto Felix who was in his horse. "Yes, your majesty?"

"Stop on a nearby inn. The kid wants an adventure." He said.

Y/n blushed but simply said nothing. She did want to go on adventure like a kid, but more like going to buy gifts and another motive at hand...

This is the northern shore. Part of the north that she will soon take over once she gets her title as the arch duchess in the future. She wanted to learn from the people herself how this place is.

Maybe Claude purposefully took this route to show her. And she was right.

The emperor showed her the north to first, let her see her future people. Second, to let her have an overview of what her land is going to look and feel like. And lastly, to make sure she knows how far apart this is to the capital.

Back then, there was no teleportation gate on the north. That's why he didn't agree when Y/n requested a tour. Because without the teleporting, the ride would take up three months in carriage and at least two months on full horse ride.

The routes were dangerous as well due to several natural and man made incidents such as wild beast and bandits. Although Claude knew that his daughter has means to protect herself, he was still not convinced that others can't do anything about that.

Yes, keeping his last child hidden and protected within the capital was merely because he was afraid to depart from them...

.

When he lost his memory, his daughters were the ones who received the aftermath. Accused as frauds and humiliated. The first daughter that he nearly hurt ran away. The second daughter that heard of the news confronted him despite seeing how much she trembled in his presence, was locked up with the crime of trying to harm royalty.