12. Adopt

The emotions on Y/n was unidentifiable as she sat to the rounds of other students who listened to Mogamett's story about his past memories during the Ideology class.

It was a sight to see at first, everything looked well and happy. But the more things had showed about aristocratic greed, the more magicians dying from either overuse of magic, human's direct hatred due to frame ups or dying through sickness, Mogamett began to question the lives of magicians being under non magician's leadership.

Y/n looked indifferently, leaning her chin on her fist. Whether magician or not, humans with evil hearts tend to treat other beings the same way. The greed of something they couldn't have.

But she steeled herself. Leadership may not be easy. But locking hundreds of thousands of human for their lives to be slowly robbed away like livestocks isn't what something he should have done.

If others say one must sacrifice for the sake of millions, well, Mogamett seemed to have his logic the other way around. Sacrificing hundreds and thousands of lives for the comfort of thousands.

The opinions halved when they heard the story. But surprisingly, no one hated the director for what he did. No one blamed him, no one pointed out their thoughts publicly but some did showed rejection about this system.

"My clan are often born as healers. We're exploited by the royal family, used as tools to kill others." Sphintus suddenly spoke. Y/n turned to him with sympathy and worry, but didn't speak much. "Rejection means exile."

"Magicians in our country are rare and seen differently. We are hated and driven away." another spoke.

"But did you hear what the director said? Even if our parents are non-magicians, they'll still be able to live here in peace."

"This country is already great enough."

"This country..."

"This place..."

The praises gradually rose and the topic about slaves continued.

But as she listened more and more over the exploitation that's happening not just on slaves but also on Magicians, she stood up, gaining everyone's attention. "Obelia will always welcome magicians." she said seriously. "There have been a magic tower that was built for mages and even in different business, magicians are openly able to make a living. Slavery had long been abolished and illegal."

"Obelia?" the prosperous country of Obelia that people dreamt to live at. Hearing that magicians were treated way better in that empire, everyone felt the need to live there more, hoping their lives would change in a positive way. 

"Is that really true?"

"I heard that the emperors that lead the empire were generations of strong magicians."

"But it's impossible to get to Obelia. The expenses and we're also ignorant of the place." One magician responded with a sigh.

This country will soon come under Obelia. If that time comes, she will ensure that Magicians will be able to live with their heads held high! "I will talk to my soon to be brother-in-law about this matter." She muttered under her breath, Sphintus turned to her, actually hearing her mumbling and asked.

"What does your brother-in-law do?" he asked.

The girl, who was busy thinking and was actually distracted, replied unconsciously. "He's the master of the tower." she responded.

Sphintus blinked twice, looked at the young lady beside him and frowned. "Really?"

"Yeah. He's the strongest magician in the empire--" Y/n paused and looked at Sphintus with realization. "That's right. He's the strongest magician in Obelia. Hundreds of years old by now so he must have quite the knowledge..."