CHAPTER TWENTY || do you trust me?

NAT'S POV

The whole journey back the the compound, Y/n didn't really talk. She sat right at the back keeping her distance between everyone.

"She'll get through this Nat. It's just a lot for her to handle." Yelena said, reassuring me.

I kept my eye on her the whole flight back.

When we landed, she seemed to be the first one to go to the doors.

"Natasha and Y/n. I need you in medbay for a quick checkup." Bruce said to us.

I stayed near her to make sure that she was actually going.
She tried to go the direction to our room but I ran over and started walking her down while she tried to get out my grip.

"Let me go Natasha!" She screamed at me. She never uses my full name unless she's angry?

"No." I replied, physically dragging her into Bruce's lab.

"Finally. Right, I just want to do a quick check up to make sure nothing happened to you guys." Bruce told us as I sat y/n down on the medical bed.

As I was trying to get her to sit down, I looked closer to the back of her outfit and noticed a large amount of blood.

"Uhh Bruce.." I called him over.

He came over to us and I pointed my finger telling him to be quiet as I pointed down to what I saw.

I quickly held y/n down while he pulled up the back of her top as both of our eyes stared in complete shock.

Her back was absolutely covered in thousands of gashes and deep wounds.

I was pulled out of the shock when y/n started screaming.

"Get the fuck off me!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

She was kicking and clawing at us to get away but I kept a firm grip on her.

"Calm down sweetheart, we just need to get you checked out." I spoke softly.

I didn't realise how strong she was tho.

She jolted herself backwards, managing to throw my hands off as she sprinted out the door.

The rest of the team had heard us and came to see the drama.

"Y/n stop! You're hurt!" I yelled out to her as I ran after her.

"I'm not going back in that fucking lab!!" She shouted at me.

"Okay... okay.. can I please talk to you in the bedroom honey?" I asked her gently, trying not to provoke her anymore.

"No."

"Just 5 minutes, please y/n.." I asked again.

She looked at me and sighed.
"Fine."

I walked into the room with her as she sat down on the bed. I sat in the desk chair which I had brought closer to her.

"Promise to answer me honestly?" I questioned her.

"Promise." She replied.

"Why don't you want to be in the lab?" I kept a gentle expression on my face.

She went silent and looked at me.
"I'm scared.." she spoke with a very quiet voice.

"Why are you scared? Bruce would never hurt you sweetheart."

She stood up and started pacing round the room.

"I don't know! Maybe because I've been tested on and used my whole life and I've only just remembered all of the torture I was put through. All the pain I felt every single time I was in a lab room!! I'm not doing it again! I know Bruce wouldn't hurt anyone but I'm not risking it." She raised her voice while she continued pacing.

"Hey, hey, look at me." I stood up aswell and walked closer to her but she carried on pacing.

"Look at me y/n!" I said a little louder which made her stop and face my way.

"Your so strong, what you've been through is horrible. But I can promise you, you're safe here with us. We're all gonna protect you. Okay?"

She looked at me for a couple seconds.
"I still don't wanna go down to Bruce.." she muttered.

"Do you trust me cleaning your wounds?" I asked her.

She nodded slowly.
"As long as I don't have to go to the lab.."

I made her take her shirt off before laying her down on her stomach so that I could reach the wounds on her back.

I grabbed so antibacterial cream, some gauzes and some large bandages.

As I started to apply some cream to the wounds, I felt her whole body tense up, she was holding her breath in. I could tell it was hurting her so I tried to be gentle.

I gave her a little kiss on her shoulder before continuing.
Once all the cream had been applied I sat her up so I could wrap the bandage round her waist.

Y/N'S POV

I felt intense pain the whole time Nat was applying the cream but I tried not to show it. I don't want to appear as weak and vulnerable..

If I'm being completely honest, I don't really trust anyone in the compound right now but Nat's my girlfriend so I have no choice but too let her help me.

Once the bandage had been put on, I felt sore.

"Here, take this." Nat said, handing me two tablets which I'm guessing are pain relief medication.

"I don't need them." I put on a front, trying to make myself look stronger.

"Y/n. Take them." Nat told me in a serious tone.

I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes before grabbing them and dry swallowing both pills.

I feel so drained..

A/N: sorry for the slow posting! I've been on holiday and didn't have the time to publish this chapter. This is only a short one as the next few chapters are gonna be gooodddd; hope you guys enjoy and thank you so so so much for all the reads! I really appreciate it. I'll try get the next chapter out ASAP

word count: 993