CHAPTER TWO || getting to know

Y/N'S POV
We had just pulled up outside a large tower looking place, it was quiet and very distant from the rest of the city, there was only one other car outside.

"Where are we?" I asked her confused,

"It's the avengers compound. Everyone is out on a mission so I thought I would bring you here." She replied to me while putting the car in park mode.

"Wow, it's.. it's a lot different than what I expected!"

She smiled looking me in the face,
"Yeah. Its amazing!"

She then put her hand out in front of me as if she wanted me to grab it, i smiled putting my hand in hers as she walked me inside.

It was so much bigger than it looked from outside. There were posters spread out over the walls and large lights hung up above us shining down brightly.

God, It was beautiful!
She led me into a lift pressing the button that led the the top floor. It took a couple minutes to get there as there was 93 floors in total.

(I had to search that up on the internet so idk if it's accurate or not🤣)

As I stepped out the lift there was a small step which I hadn't noticed, causing me to trip and fall. Natasha had tried to catch me but failed. She had ended up on top of me, laying on the ground.

Our faces were inches apart and I stared into her bright blue eyes blushing so much that I could feel the heat on my face,

"I- uh- I'm so sorry" we both said at the exact same time causing both of us to burst into laughter.

Suddenly the door swung open and the rest of the avengers walked in seeing us on the floor, I immediately jumped up, distancing myself from Natasha while staring at them in pure shock. I was petrified!

"Who the hell are you?!" Tony said while pointing towards me.

"I- um-" I tried to speak but was quickly cut off by the woman I was previously with.

"She's my friend Tony!" Natasha quickly replied.

"You know we can't allow anyone apart from us and the authorities in here Nat!" He added with a annoyed face.
I felt embarrassed. Too scared to talk, I stood there watching them two bicker back and forth. When it started to get a bit out of hand. I decided it was the best time for me to leave,

"I'm just gonna go.." I quietly said while running out. Natasha tried to catch up but I was already gone.

3 days later

NATASHAS POV
I was feeling really bad for the other day with y/n, she seemed so embarrassed and confused about the situation.

I had tried to catch up to her but she'd already gotten away. Its been 3 days since I last saw her,
her boss had said to me that she's called in sick the past few days but I have a feeling it's only so she won't bump into me or another avenger.

I tried to carry on with my day as usual but I couldn't stop worrying about y/n. If she was ok, if she was hurt, anything. I couldn't bare it if something happened.

2 hours later
I popped into the city centre to do a bit off shopping before going back to the compound. Something felt off but I wasn't sure what.

I walked into a small petrol station shop nearby grabbing a couple boxes of teabags and some other things, after paying I headed out the door when I suddenly saw a figure rushing off down the road in a black hoodie and mask with something stashed in the pockets.

I immediately started chasing after them thinking they were stealing something, after catching up with them I flipped them over me and pinned them to the ground with both there hands over there head whilst they were wriggling around trying to get away, I ended up having to sit on top of them still holding there wrists in order to stop them escaping,

"Who are you and what the hell do you think your doing!" I shouted at them

They didn't reply,

I pulled the mask of there face and automatically sat there in complete shock.

"Y/N?!" I yelled at her,

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

She had tears in her eyes and was now shaking. I still had her pinned to the ground.

I let go of her wrists but kept myself on top of her just in case.

"Well?" I questioned, looking her dead in the eyes.

"I-I'm s-sorry.." she mumbled to me before bursting into tears.

"Y/N. Look at me, what's wrong?" I said to her in a calm tone so that I didn't frighten her any more than she already was,

"I- I um- I got kicked out of my home.." she answered with a couple breaks in her voice.

"Why'd you get kicked out? And what does that have to do with you stealing things from shops?" I replied

"I've been struggling a lot financially recently, because of this, I was really behind on my rent. The bank had called me yesterday saying that if I didn't have the money to them last night, I would get evicted. There was nothing I could do, working at the club doesn't get me nearly as much as I needed. All I could do was let them kick me out.. They took everything from me, my photos, old heirlooms that apparently belonged to my family, everything! I have nothing left, absolutely nothing!" She said before sobbing so much that she started coughing.

I immediately got off her, cupping her face to look at me.

"Come on, your staying with me." I whispered to her giving her a small kiss on her head and wiping her eyes with my sleeve.

Y/N'S POV
Natasha had taken me back to the compound as I needed somewhere to stay.
I was extremely nervous after what happened the last time I was here,

"Are you sure I can stay here. Last time the others didn't seem to pleased with me being here.." I asked
She grabbed my hand in hers to reduce the amount I was shaking,

"If they have a problem with it, I'll deal with them myself!" She replied to me sternly with a small smile.

"Ok.." I answered slowly walking in with our hands intertwined.

As we headed through the door the rest of the avengers stared straight in my direction,

"Why is she here again?!" Tony said to Nat in a disgusted tone.

"She's staying here for a bit, And before you say anything Tony. I don't care what you say. She's staying." she quickly exclaimed giving Tony a death stare.

"I-" He tried to speak before getting cut off by nat again,

"save it tin man!" She yelled before dragging me down the hall.

Authors note: sorry this chapter isn't very long, I've been quite busy recently and couldn't think of anything to write. Hope everyone understands! x😄
NEW CHAPTER COMING SOON!!!

Update: planning to get third chapter out by tomorrow latest! :)

Word count: 1209