I want you*

TW: symptoms of an eating disorder mentioned, brief mention of bruises on a victim in a case.

Includes sexting and teasing 🤭

If nobody laughs at the picture for this chapter I'll cry, okay, enjoy

When you landed, Hotch separated you all up to focus on different parts of the case. You and Morgan were told to head to the dumpsite, a wooded area off the local park, whilst Emily was sent off with Rossi to talk to several witnesses that were all at the park the day the body was found.

You were relieved of the time away from Emily. Not only had you been under each other's feet these last few days, but being around her right now would only distract you from the case.

You felt your phone buzz in your pocket as you walked across the park with Morgan.

Emily: We need to talk.

You smiled to yourself.

You: Just talk?

'God, does the local council not have someone that can come mow this grass?' Morgan remarked, exaggerating his steps as you walked through the overgrown grass. You looked up at him and acknowledged what he said, but your mind was hooked on your phone.

Emily: What has gotten into you?

You: I want you.

'It looks like we're gonna have to make do with what we can...' Morgan started.

Emily: And you think I don't after that little stunt you pulled earlier?

'...Apparently one of the local dog walkers let their dog loose on the body...'

Emily: But I thought we agreed nothing was going to happen between us until you were feeling better?

'...We've probably lost half our evidence because of a Labrador!' Morgan scoffed, looking sideways at you.

You: I'd feel even better underneath you.

'Y/n?' Derek tried to get your attention.

Emily: You're making me feel things I shouldn't be feeling in the passenger seat of Rossi's car.

'Y/n?!' Derek tapped your arm, causing you to break out of the smile that had formed on your face as you read the last message.

'Sorry...' you put your phone in your back pocket, '...what was that?' You asked, unaware how long Derek had been trying to get your attention. Derek looked sideways at you as you walked and scoffed.

'What has gotten into you?' He asked, a smile forming on his face.

I'm getting deja vu.

'Nothing, sorry. A few days off and I'm addicted to my damn phone!' You joked.

'Hmm... there wouldn't be anyone interesting on the other end of it, would there?' Derek suggested, smirking at you as you both joined up with the local PD. You shot him a look and then turned to speak to the officer in front of you.

'Where is she?' You asked, looking around.

'The body's just over here.' The officer pointed out, turning around to guide you over.

You and Derek did your usual routine of checking the body over for any signs pointing to how the victim died. You knelt down beside the body to point out finger-shaped bruises on her arm.

'Yeah, I see it.' Derek said, 'She was definitely man-handled before her death.' He suggested. You nodded, lifting yourself up from the ground.

As you got to your feet the trees around you began to spin. Your vision filled with blue and you stumbled a little, making sure it was backwards away from the body.