A friend in need. *

TW: talk of self-harm, anxious thoughts. Please reach out to someone if you're struggling <3

Mild smut warning 👀

This is a longer one than usual ( 3947 words), because I had so much fun writing it. Emily Prentiss healing the reader and writer simultaneously 🫡

'Good morning sweetheart.' Emily smiled down at you as you woke up still cradling her chest. You forced out a faint smile up at her. No matter how perfect waking up with Emily was, your body had this habit lately of making you feel like you'd woken up with the worst hangover each morning. You settled your head back into Emily's chest, it feeling to heavy to keep holding up.

'How are you feeling?' She asked, bringing her hand up to gently stroke your hair. You leaned into her hand a little, sinking into her touch. Everything in you wanted to just groan in response; you weren't used to having to make conversation this early in the morning. But after last night, you wanted nothing more than for Emily to think you were feeling better.

'Better, thank you.' You responded.

I should be telling the truth. I just woke up being held by the most beautiful woman I've ever met.

'What do you want to do today?' She asked, pressing her fingertips into your scalp and massaging your head.

Nothing.

'I'm not sure yet.' You replied, hoping she wasn't going to suggest leaving the house today. Emily stayed silent for a minute, and you thought she'd dropped the conversation.

'How about a film day?' She suggested, knowing instantly you didn't need pushing to do more than you felt up to. You exhaled deeply.

'That sounds good.' You said, tightening your body's grip around Emily. As you started to adjust to being awake, you couldn't help but admit to yourself that Emily being here was helping a little. Your mind flitted back to last night, to her, and before you knew it you couldn't think of much else. That was, until it dawned on you that Emily would need to be back at work soon. 'Wait...' you leaned your head up to look up at Emily, '...don't you need to be back at work today?' You asked. Emily pursed her lips.

'Well...' she said slowly, '...I was actually going to speak to you about that...' she started. You propped yourself up from her chest slowly, your body still feeling heavy. You extended your arms out underneath you so that you were looking at Emily fully now, her hand still on your back. 'I was wondering what you'd think about me taking the next few days off to spend it with you?' You looked at her, your thoughts flitting to different conclusions.

Does she think I need looking after? What's Hotch going to think about that? Why would she want to do that? But then again... it would be nice to have this for a little longer. What else am I going to do alone? At least it gives me a distraction. Do I want a distraction though? At least if I'm alone I don't have to worry if things get bad again.

Emily's eyes stayed fixed on yours. It was almost like she could see the thoughts flashing past your eyes.

'Why?' Was all you could say. She reached her hand up and stroked your cheek habitually. She inhaled sharply.

'I don't want you to go through this alone.' She said seriously.

Emily had this way about her, where you could tell she struggled to talk about her feelings, and yet somehow she always found the courage to do it anyway.

How much nicer the world would be if we all talked about our thoughts and feelings a little more.

'What are you thinking?' She asked, pulling you out of your head. You looked down at the bed for a second, debating what your answer was going to be.