Cool Spring Night- Chapter 15

2.4k+ Reads!? Thanks sm guys! <3

(Ok To The Story)

ROBERT'S POV

I laid in bed the same night as when I found out about Ross.. liking me? Was it true? I had re-asked if it was true to myself many times, and Roy a few times. I mean.. Ross.. blushed around me. But that doesn't mean anything.. right? UGH. Everything was so overly complicated. Could I.. admit to Ross I liked him? But what if Roy was lying.. Ross would think I'm weird or something. Maybe I should go to the tree. Just discuss stuff with Ross if he was there, or just be by myself if he wasn't. Good choice either way. I got up, and quietly slid open my window. I climbed out and walked over to the hill. A gentle spring breeze ruffled my hair and clothing. I noticed I was wearing Ross's shirt again as I clambered up the hill, sitting down. I pulled out my phone and sent Ross a text without really thinking about it to meet at the hill if he felt like it. What happened to either way? Whatever. A few minutes later, I heard footsteps, and saw Ross sit down next to me with his usual smile. "Hi Ross!" I greeted him, trying not to turn into a mess like I had earlier. "Hey Rob." Ross said gently. He glanced at my shirt, his cheeks lighting up a bit in a red-ish color. Maybe he did like me. Who knew... I did, for fucks sake! But was I brave enough to confess that to him? We just made eye contact for a minute. Nothing said or done. It didn't even feel awkward. My green eyes just met with his blue. I turned away, blushing a bit. He let out a small giggle. We just sat there in silence. Time felt slow. "So uhm.. are you.. eventually gonna give me back my clothing?" Ross asked, breaking the silence. "I- uh- yeah.. obviously-" I said. "Mk. I mean.. it doesn't matter a bunch. I have a lot of hoodies and stuff." Ross said, glancing at me. "Mhm." I responded. It felt so god damn awkward, but also not. The moonlight glimmered in the darkness, shining against us from the side. The gentle winds sent a gust of air out, making the birds on the powerlines wobble and the grass shiver. I smiled. I guess to myself. It was just so peaceful.

ROSS'S POV

It was such a pretty night. Out here with Robert. I mean, he literally invited me out here for tonight. I mean it wasn't too special, right? This has become sorta normal. A few more minutes passed. I started talking, and we finally began a normal, non-silent conversation. We mostly discussed things like music we liked and stuff like that.. I liked more heavy songs whilst he liked more soft songs. But we both loved "hyperpop." We also discussed shows we liked, books, talked more about how our school life was, everything basic. But it felt so fun to discuss it with just him. But he seemed so.. flushy. A little awkward even. It was cute, and dumb. But also still confusing. After a few hours as usual of talking, it hit 4 am. Robert yawned. "Hey if you're tired you don't need to stay here to talk to me you know. You could at least try to get some rest?" I suggested. "Nah." Robert said. He then rested his head on mine. Again! Just like the first time we were out here.. together. I instantly felt warm inside. It was a nice feeling. I let out a small smile and just let him lay his head there. The warmth of his body so close to mine. The feeling I noticed, of our hands brushing next to each other ever so slightly. The feeling of just.. all of it. It felt so perfect. It made me feel right. "Ross you ok? You're really warm." Robert asked. "Yeah, probably. I'm alright actually. Never better." I responded.

ROBERT'S POV

What did Ross mean, "never better?" I tried not to think too much into it. "Hey, we'll be able to see the sunrise again soon!" I happily chriped. "Yeah.." Ross said. We talked and talked and talked. Time felt so.. unusual. It didn't feel fast like normal when I was with him. It felt oddly slow. My brain just wanted this moment to last. To grow, into something greater. Something about this I wanted to just.. stay with. And I realized what part it was. It was Ross. He.. liked me. And I liked him too. I just needed the courage and the right moment to admit that to him that I know, and I feel the same way. "Robert?" I heard Ross ask, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Mhm?" I responded. "I.. something kinda stupid has been on my mind." He admitted. "What is it?" I questioned. "Back when I.. fought that kid who you said was your bully.. he called you gay.. is that.. true?" He pondered, my head still on his. If he did like me, I knew I should tell him yes. But if Roy was lying.. should I say no? No.. I need to tell him the truth. "Y- yeah.." I admitted. "Omni.." I added. "I- cool.. I.. uh." Ross started to say something, but cut himself off. "Hm?" I asked. "Oh.. it's nothing." He answered, shrugging gently but not enough to move me. It was still 4 am. I wanted to see the sunrise. But I also enjoyed the time I was spending with Ross. I was glad I came here, and he showed me everything about this place. The nice view, the soft grass. It was all so nice to just.. chill out. So peaceful. I loved being here with him. Being here with all the things that could happen. 

Sorry it was shorter.

Words - 985