Running Late.. Or going dead?

Beginne am Anfang

"Chara?"

I asked, but nothing came in response.

"Chara?! You're here?" I repeated, this time being concerned.

"I am.." Her voice came from somewhere below.

I tried to turn on the lights, but when I turned the switch, nothing happened.

Seems like the electricity went off.

"What happened?"

"The lights were there and then boom! Pure darkness." She responded and stood up.

"That happens often when the thunder is going on." I said. Her reaction was predictable for the one who likely didn't get how it works.

"Oh wait!" I smiled to myself. "Are you afraid of darkness?"

"No!" She said, but that answer wasn't filled with confidence.

"Oh, really?" I asked again, hearing her growl.

"Okay, I am!" Chara's eyes were beaming in the darkness, and that was one of the nicest things I've seen. "What now, are you gonna mock me?"

"Of course not." I shook my head, now heading towards the drawers. I opened one that was right next to the staircase, and reached for the top shelf.

A flashlight, here it is!

I grabbed it and turned it on.

The light instantly sliced through the pitch black and lighted up the room, however constant lightings also brought up some brightness.

I closed the drawer and headed towards Chara.

"It is absolutely normal to be afraid of it," I responded. "Though you are able to teleport stuff into a literal void, which is pitch black!" I smiled.

"That is different." She trembled lightly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Come on. Let your faithful servant guide you to your room!" I snickered and offered her my hand.

She took it, mumbling something.

"I think they will turn the power back again at the morning." I said, thinking that Chara would be generally curious.

"Damn it."

"Are you that afraid?" I asked when we approached my bedroom, and a short nod followed.

"I can't believe I'm saying this.." I rubbed my eyes, being tired already.

The sleepy condition returned.

"You can lay in the bed." I said and saw a sly look on here face.

"If you bother to do something-" I started, but she interrupted me.

"Okay, I got it!"

We entered the room, and Chara instantly jumped into bed, covering herself by a blanket. I turned off the flashlight and grabbed one of the pillows, dropping it onto the floor while also searching for a bedroll. I kept it under the bed, but.. Right, It was still there.

"Could you close the door?" She asked me.

"For what purpose?"

"I asked you to."

I sighed and turned around, shutting it.

"You are honestly the weakest kind of demon there could possibly be." I whispered, hearing her gasp.

"Take your words back!" She squeaked.

"Force me to." I said, now landing into my improvised sleeping place.