Chapter 18 - First Meeting

“Mama, who is he?” The little boy asked after he saw Fu Wen.

It was his first time to see a handsome man at this level. Although there were many uncles approaching his mother for some reason, they were a level lower to this person. Moreover, Yan Yan can see in his eyes that he had no malice towards him and his mother, and so he naturally had a good attitude to the man.

And he’s really handsome, Lee Yan thought.

Then the little boy stared at the man with bright eyes.

“This...” Lee Rin hesitated.

Fu Wen said, “Let’s get inside first.”

She nodded as a response, and walked to the living room while carrying her son.

Du Ruan, who was at the side the whole time, turned to her daughter and said, “Rin’er, I will go outside and tell the helpers to prepare some refreshments for the guest. One of the manager also called, and he said that there’s some problems in one of the branch company.”

“Okay, Mom.”

Lee Rin naturally can see through the meaning of Du Ruan. She wants them to have a chat to each other. She was an intelligent person, so she was able to see that they will have a serious talk after she saw Fu Wen.

Du Ruan then briefly bid them a goodbye before walking off.

“Baby, have you ever thought about your father?” Lee Rin gently rubbed her son’s hair.

“Father? Cheng Cheng next door said that he has father and he is a hero.” The little boy said confusingly. He doesn’t know what a father is. He only knew that he only had his mother, and he loves his mother very much.

Lee Rin sighed, she picked up Lee Yan in her lap, and hugged him tightly. “Baby, you also have a father. It’s just that he went to a far place. He just got back now. Look, that man is your father.”

It’s not that she wants to lie to her son, but really, as of now her son can’t understand anything. Even if she said that his father didn’t know his existence, it will only lead to a further questioning and confusion. Her son was just a two-year-old boy. He was still a baby, sooner, he will understand anything as he grew up.

“Father?” The little boy was still at dazed. He looked up at the man across him with unfamiliarity.

At this time, Fu Wen opened his mouth, “Yes, I’m your father.”

He slowly opened his arms, wanting to hug Little Yan.

The little boy hesitated. He doesn’t know what a father is, but the man across him said that he was his father.

Seeing this, Fu Wen finally made his move and hugged the little boy that was still hesitating.

Little Yan was shocked by the sudden movement. He instinctively cried, however, the following warm hug stopped his cry.

Little Yan lifted up his little head confusingly. He then put his head on the shoulder of the man that was carrying him.

It feels so good, the little boy thought. His instinctive fear disappeared completely and he boldly hooked his chubby arms across the man’s neck.

He stared at the man seriously. He lifted up his arm and touched the man’s face.

The air seemed to be stilled, and the atmosphere became warm.

Fu Wen stared at the little boy in his arms. It felt strange, it was obvious that the one in his arms was his younger version and really looks like him, but he suddenly had an urge to cry. Two pairs of eyes stared at each other for a long time.

Fu Wen bowed his head, and kisses his son’s head.

Little Yan’s big doe eyes became even more big and round.

Fu Wen, “Call me Dad, alright?”

“D-Dad.” A cute voice belonging to a baby rang inside the quiet room. The voice trembled slightly, as if the owner of it was saying it for the first time.

Then the rang for the second time, then third time, and nth time, “Da-dd, D-dad, Dad, Dad!”

The little boy laughed happily, showing his
four front teeth.

The next day, Fu Wen conducted a paternity test with Lee Yan. The result was unsurprisingly positive.

He took the result just to be sure. It’s not that he was heartless for being untrusting towards the existence of his son, instead he was just being realistic.

-

After that day, Fu Wen came to the Lee house everyday. The father and son was often seen by the people in the Lee house playing with each other. Everyday, Fu Wen will bring a car toy, a robot, a cake, a ball, etc.

Du Ruan and Lee Quan also became warm to Fu Wen. The two of them have a vast experience in life, they knew that they need to put aside their prejudice against Fu Wen. After all, they saw how dedicated he was to raised Little Yan. Moreover, they knew that Fu Wen was also innocent because he never knew his son’s existence in the first place.

Although there’s still a bit of unhappiness in their heart. How could he get their little daughter’s first time, and left her to give birth alone!

Though they knew that they were being unreasonable, but what can they do, that’s their daughter.

One month passed like that.

Lee Rin needs to go back abroad, There was still a little more than one year to go to school before she can finally graduate.

But because of the current situation, she can only call the head teacher and explain her situation. The head teacher agreed to let her stay in her country for two more months but she will still continue her study online, and will go back every quarterly examination to take her exams.

“You know, you can just buy him some car toys.” Lee Rin said helplessly as she stared at hill-like toys in Little Yan’s playroom.

“My son, of course, will naturally have the best.” Fu Wen replied nonchalantly. He glanced at the pilled toys on the ground, and thought the the toys was still not enough. He still needs to buy more.

Lee Rin glanced at him and immediately knew what was going on his mind. Her face sank, with imaginary black lines like on the comics.

A father who spoiled his son, really.