Chapter 6 - Successful Delivery

“Mom, I’m going to give birth safely. Don‘t worry about it.”

“As fo you Brother, it’s not like I’m going to die.”

“Dad...” Lee Quan patted his daughter’s hand.

Lee Quan was a bit dissatisfied to her daughter’s current situation. She was pregnant, but the father was no where to be seen.

Although Lee Rin already told him that she can take care of the child alone, and she and the father of the child had nothing to do with each other anymore, Lee Quan was still not reconciled.

He held her precious daughter in his palm like a treasure. Although he knew that there was nothing he can do and the two had already talked to each other, he was still reluctant in his heart.

He couldn’t help but sighed, “I know. Dad will support you no matter what.”

“Thank you, Dad.” Lee Rin smiled sweetly. In her previous life, Lee Quan was the one who was the most miserable aside from the original owner. His father, Old Mr. Lee, died while his wife, Du Ruan, developed depression and soon committed suicide. He was left alone.

This time, Lee Rin wants to make her father happy.

“Hiss...”

“Rin Rin?”

“What happen to you? Are you okay?”

Both Mother Lee and Father Lee asked worriedly. Lee Bo was already running out, wanting to find a doctor.

“I-Im fine.” Lee Rin said breathlessly. She can feel contractual pain on her abdomen. She knows that the baby was about to come out.

“Doc! Here she is, my sister is in pain!” Lee Bo said anxiously to the doctor that he fetched. His face was still full of sweat because of his run.

The doctor immediately took action. She came towards Lee Rin and examined her. The other two nurses with the doctor also prepared the items to be used for birthing.

“She was going to give birth. The baby was just a few centimeters away. Soon, the baby will come out.”

The two nurses pushed the medical bed towards the birthing room. The three members of Lee family was asked to wait outside of the birthing room.

The thick and tense atmosphere continued for two and a half an hour before the red light on the door of the birthing room became green.

“It’s a success...!” Du Ruan said happily with her tears still streaming down on her face.

The two men were in a better condition. Although they were anxious, they did not shed tears. They just sat silently on the waiting area. But the trembling motion of  their hands and the sweat on their faces betrayed their current emotion.

Seeing that the red light had finally became green, both men heaved a sigh of relief.

Soon, the door opened and the doctor from before came out.

“Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee, the patient was in a good condition. Both the mother and the child are safe. The baby is a boy.”

Right after that, the three rushed to the ward room where Lee Rin and her baby was situated in after the birthing process.

They saw the pale, clearly exhausted Lee Rin holding a baby boy. The baby was still wrinkled and colored red because he was just born.

On Lee Rin’s face, one can see her happiness and maternal affection for her child.

Hearing the door being opened, she looked up, “Mom, Dad, Brother.”

“Rin Rin.”

Days passed uneventfully. The mother and son duo was soon discharged from the hospital. Both Mother Lee and Father Lee decided to stay with Lee Rin for the time being. No one can take care of their daughter, especially when she just gave birth. She needs to rest. Although they can hire a helper, they were still reluctant and wanted to take care of their daughter themselves.

Father Lee picked one of his properties abroad for them to stay for the time being. In the end, they picked a second story villa with a vast garden surrounding it. This house was suitable for relaxing. It suited Lee Rin’s condition.

Inside the house, Lee Rin was softly coaxing her son, Lee Yan.

Seeing her son’s cute and tender face softly crying, Lee Rin couldn’t but kissed his face. “Shh, shh. It’s okay, Mom is here.”

Lee Yan didn’t understand what she was saying, but after seeing his mother’s face, he finally stopped crying and smiled softly to his mother.

Lee Rin smiled, ‘Baby, Mom will always protect you.’