Chapter 12: 50 Days Left

After dinner, Freen insisted on washing the dishes, so I decided to take a quick bath in her bathroom. As I was getting ready, my curiosity got the best of me once again, and I couldn't resist taking a peek under her bed.

To my surprise, I found a pink box filled with various items: an old bracelet, letters, and the pictures Heng had mentioned. I looked through the photos and my heart fluttered when I saw our childhood pictures. They were taken five years ago when we painted her room in black and pink. There were over ten pictures of us, with the last one being a recent polaroid of me at the airport, crying on my mom's shoulder. Below the photo, a note read, "My girl is back."

Happiness overwhelmed me, and a smile formed on my lips. Freen had liked me even before I left Thailand. She had been waiting for me to come back, even though there were others trying to pursue her. Despite the hurt I had caused her, she still had feelings for me.

"Why are you like this, Freen? What did I do to deserve you?" I mumbled while gazing at our pictures.

Among the pictures, I noticed a pink envelope that caught my attention. It was sealed, with no indication of who it was meant for. I took a deep breath before carefully tearing open the envelope.

Hi. To you who's reading this.
You probably read this without my permission -,-
Anyway, even though I don't know you, I'm still going to tell you a secret.

I like Rebecca Patricia Armstrong.
She's a strong-willed person, genuinely strong and courageous. I've liked her since the moment I saw her standing up against bullies. I know she can handle herself, but I wanted to be her savior. I wanted her to notice me. That's why I intervened. And after that, we became friends. I used to think she was a snobbish person, but then she smiled at me, a sweet smile that could brighten anyone's day. She's one-of-a-kind, the epitome of beauty, a true masterpiece.

But the truth is, I'm scared. I don't know how to confess. There are so many what-ifs in my mind. What if she doesn't like me and only sees me as her sister? What if she doesn't like girls? What if she already has a crush on someone? Can I handle the truth?

I tried calling her when she left Thailand, but she didn't answer any of my calls. Should I give up? Or should I wait for her to come back? I like her so much. Help. >///<

- Sarocha, 20**

The letter was written five years ago, which means she had kept it all this time. My Freen is so devoted.

"Becky."

I jumped as Freen suddenly entered the room. She tilted her head, furrowing her eyebrows when she noticed me reading the letter she had sealed years ago.

"So you've seen it, huh?" She crossed her arms and walked towards me with heavy steps.

Freen took the paper from my hands and placed it back inside the box before covering it. She slid the box under her bed and then grabbed both of my arms, gently throwing me onto the bed.

Things escalated quickly, and before I knew it, she was on top of me, her expression blank. She tied her hair into a ponytail, leaned down, and closed the gap between our faces.

Freen playfully nibbled my ear, causing me to gasp, and then whispered softly.

"Let's get some sleep." She kissed my neck and lay down beside me. "I love you so much, Bb."

What a tease! You can't turn me on and then just go to sleep?

I was about to climb on top of her, but I noticed the tiredness in her eyes as she stared at the ceiling. She must be lost in thought. I wonder what's on her mind.

"How much time do you have left?" she asked, her gaze still fixed on the ceiling.

"Less than a hundred days."

"Give me 50 days, Becky. We'll fulfill every item on your bucket list, and I'll be with you during every therapy session. I won't leave your side until you get better." She finally looked at me, determination gleaming in her eyes. Reaching for my hands, she gently kissed the back of them. "I'll do anything for you, Becky."