22

Renjun burst through the grand doors of the mansion, sweat heading along his forehead

Renjun burst through the grand doors of the mansion, sweat heading along his forehead. All the members that worked alongside the King rushed towards Renjun immediately. For a mere boy, it seemed like everything was piled on top of him at once.

"Your highness we need you to-"

"Your highness the King is in critical condition I think you should-"

"Your highness, the people are going into a frenzy and the number of causalities can't even be counted!"

Renjun couldn't listen to any of it. All the words were mashing inside his head like a broke cassette.

"Give me the paperwork. I'll think of a solution to calm the people" He stopped in his tracks, hesitated before saying "Just send some doctors in to take care of my father"

He never knew that one day, he would be the one to merely send doctors to his own father, just like what his father did to him when he was younger.

"Do you think he's OK?" Hannuri asked as her arm was getting bandaged up by Jaemin

"Do you think he's OK?" Hannuri asked as her arm was getting bandaged up by Jaemin. They were staying in Hannuri's house, both drowning in anxiety. She was beyond worried about the boy, knowing he never enjoyed doing the things that the King had to. She knew all Renjun wanted was to live a comfortable life. He didn't want to rule a kingdom, not at all.

"You might not understand our world" Jaemin sighed "We have to do things because we're told to. We don't have the freedom to even...eat without getting consent. Renjun's the heir to the throne, that means he needs to carry everything his father had left for him. Renjun doesn't have a choice. He was born into blood of royalty so he has to act like a royal. That's the harsh reality"

She had never thought of it that way. She had always thought wealth brought happiness and happiness was almost guaranteed when one has too much to spend. She had always thought Renjun's life was breezy, until she realised just how much Renjun had on his shoulders. Her heart ached of sympathy.

"I don't like Renjun at all. He's so stuck up. But I admire him for his efforts. It's not easy being the heir to such an important role" Jaemin shrugged, putting away the med kits.