Wedding Night

A/N: You know what (and who) is coming in this chapter. Read ahead with caution because honestly it's only going to get steamier from here on out haha. The next chapter is going to send me to hell.

Hades must have sensed my trepidation that night as I prepared for what was expected of me. At the very least, he must have realized I felt a bit shy, climbing into his bed.

It was a massive mattress, and while I had never considered it before, that seemed to suggest plenty about our future I couldn't imagine without blushing. Hades cast off his cloak and joined me at the base, taking my hands in his.

His touch was reminiscent of the day we spent in the garden, where he had seen the lines of my body in the Olympian light and ventured to graze them. He was daring and mesmerizing, even in the soft kiss he pressed against my mouth that night.

I moved my lips against his, already dizzy despite my hesitations. He moved to speak beside my ear and I fought a shudder.

"I'll be gentle with you," he promised. "And if you tell me to stop, I will."

He was both earnest and dry humored, but I had at least learned that game well.

"Stop," I breathed. "Talking."

He chuckled darkly and kissed me again so deeply that I was weak in his bed. I wanted him to touch me everywhere, but he took his time exploring the innocent places of my body I'd never allowed him. His mouth found the planes of my skin, my collar bone, the soft spaces of my arms.

It seemed Hades was not interested in ravishing me tonight. Instead he worshipped my body and swore his love in every touch, so attentive.

I didn't know how much more of it I could take. Not as his fingers grazed my breasts before settling on my ribs beneath them. Not as his hips rocked against mine just enough to imply the pressure that was surely awaiting by the end of this night.

It also seemed Hades was a tease.

I gasped as he finally slipped his hand below the hem of my nightgown and traced the inside of my thigh, stopping at the space I where had never been touched.

"Hades," I whispered, lifting my hips towards his hand. He peered down at me, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"If I recall correctly, you once asked me to be slow with you," he said. I could have died by the light that glinted in his eyes, so dangerous and playful as he punished me all this time later.

"I don't mean it anymore," I said with a breathless laugh.

"Then tell me what you want."

"Please, Hades," I moaned as he finally dipped a hand below the band of my underwear. "I want you to touch me. I want you to be my husband."

His breath caught as he felt just how wet I was for him, and I wondered if that was the moment he would finally untether. By the pleasure that came with his hand, I knew it could very well be mine. His movements were less restrained as he pushed a finger inside me and then circled my apex with such precision I threw my head back and moaned for him again and again.

In the next minutes, our clothes fell to the floor and he finally explored the less innocent parts of my body, kissing my breasts and still rubbing those damn fingers between my legs. I whimpered as his tongue swept over my nipple and then he took it in his mouth, sucking lightly and grazing his teeth. I could have screamed at the pleasure that came with tension building in my body but I settled for whispering his name.

He didn't seem to mind as he sent me shattering over the edge with a release that was nearly blinding. I gasped and trembled, staring at him with a wonder that made his eyes flash.

I opened my legs for him and he settled between them, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He kissed my forehead before leaning his against it and my body trembled in both pleasure and anticipation.

He pushed inside me, slow and gentle, just as promised. I gasped at the pressure, and bucked my hips in a primal resistance but he thrust deeper and pushed them back down, dominating me beneath him.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he murmured.

I believed him as he pressed my wrists into the mattress by my head and tangled our fingers together. As he moved inside of me, each thrust was devastatingly gentle. The movements shattered my body, still pulsating from the climax he'd already given me and I felt the same heat build in my body at the friction in unimaginable places.

He groaned my name, and came for me too, sealing our marriage, our bodies, and our bond. I knew then I could have lived an eternity in the dark world below Olympus and never tire of him. Of this.

For a moment, we laid together connected as if to memorize the feeling of being joined together. Then he pulled out of me and rested his head against the hard bone of my chest for a tender moment before falling beside me in bed. Pulling me into his arms, skin on skin.

Our bodies were hot, and I tried to catch my breath in the aftermath. Or at least think of something to say besides I will worship you forever.

In the end, Hades saved me and broke the silence of our marriage bed.

"I noticed you biting your knuckle," he said and took my hand to show me. Sure enough, the indentions of my teeth formed ridges around the bone. He chuckled to himself and kissed the injury.

"Next time," he began. He let the sensuous implication hang for a moment before he finally murmured, "I want you to scream."